Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grrr... it's been almost 3 weeks since I have been able to backup with time capsule. Something isn't right.

1) Please tell us which computer you are using. (ie: 14" G4 iBook 1.33 Ghz)
It's a 2.3 C2D MBP

2) Which Operating System are you currently running? Including version. (ie: 10.4.9)

3) How much RAM do you have?
4 Gigs

4) Do you have any 3rd party Peripherals? (ie: Mouse, HD's, etc)
Mac mouse & keyboard, time capsule, 320 gig 7200 rpm Segate HD

5) Have you installed any 3rd party internal components lately? (ie: RAM, Burners, HD's, etc)
The ram is 3rd party. I also have an eSata card and hard drive.

6) How much free space is left on your Boot Drive?
42 gigs (because I can't delete some stuff until it backs up...

7) Can you provide a screenshot of the issue?

Nope - but it's the error message that says "Time Capsule Error. unable to complete backup."

8) Tell us what you have tried already. (Permissions Repair, Disk Utility, Disk Warrior?)
Nothing yet - just undisturbed backup time overnight.

9) Try and describe the instance leading to the event. Sometimes, things happen for no reason.. however, it's helpful if you post what you were doing at the time.

My Time capsule is part of a home network that is on the wireless router downstairs (it's connected wirelessly) - I've had no problems with this setup for over 4 months and now all of a sudden it's not working. nothing has changed.

The backup was 60 gigs a while ago, but it was able to do most of the backup. Now though, it will not complete the last 25 gigs. I've left it overnight for 4 nights now and it will not do it. I wake up every morning with an error message.

It's frustrating because I'm not supposed to have to worry about it. It's supposed to just happen quietly in the background. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
Look in the Console app for an error right after you get the error message. It's probably a single file that's causing the problem.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are the error logs I get in console:

24/02/09 4:18:14 AM com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.netauth.sysagent[1545]) Stray process with PGID equal to this dead job: PID 1548 PPID 1 check_afp

24/02/09 4:18:14 AM com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.netauth.sysagent[1545]) Stray process with PGID equal to this dead job: PID 1548 PPID 1 check_afp

does anyone know what they mean? I could really use some help here...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts