Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A current article in Business Week online takes a decidedly negative view of Apple stock. In part it says:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> People certainly are emotionally linked to Apple. However, emotions are the enemy of the objective investor. Per our analysis, Apple is pretty unattractive across the board.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read the
rest.

Your thoughts? Despite the fact that I'm a major Apple fan (and have been for almost two decades) these depressing paragraphs have the ring of truth to me.

·
Registered
569 Posts
It was up 5+ percent on Friday's trading to over $15.00 but is still very low compared to my purchase price of $23.00 :(
It is these kind of people that cause runs on a stock and they seem to have no reprecussions when they are wrong. If you have been around Apple since the '80's you know this kind of doom and gloom has always been with us

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Bah! How's that for an emotionally-linked-to-Apple-investor's response? Whenever you read the news, you have to always consider the source. Charles Schwab? When I read headlines about them, it's like:

Mon Aug 12, 2002
• Schwab Cutting 375 More Jobs

Tue Sep 17, 2002
• Schwab to cut 1,800 jobs as customers pull back

Tue Oct 15, 2002
• Massive rally sweeps Wall Street
• Schwab Posts 3rd-Quarter Loss Amid Charges for Restructuring

Tue Oct 22, 2002
• Alert: Merrill Lynch downgrades SCH to Sell

...it makes me wonder, if they are such an authority in grading companies and what it takes to be profitable, how come they aren't the darlings of Wall Street. As the saying goes, "check yourself".

·
Premium Member
30,883 Posts
Las Vegas and Wallstreet are one and the same .....'cept Las Vegas is honest about looting you, offers good food and entertainment.
Wallstreet show trials still need some work to catch up with Vegas shows.

The Canadian economy is doing well DESPITE the idiots shuffling shares and phantom profits around at the top.

Long live small business........

BTW on topic Apple has soo much cash in the bank the stock is sitting close to that figure. Don't ever interpret Apple's health from the biz blurbs.
Now the rebate fiasco is something to be concerned about...Apple is losing a lot of good will and with it potential or actual sales due to their shoddy practices. Now THAT's a real concern.
http://www.macintouch.com/applerebates.html

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts