Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that Macs are being drafted...

Wired Article

Well, at least they are using cool equipment...

:cool:

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Apple should get him to do a switch add.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by used to be jwoodget:
Not like you to be behind the times Strongblade....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, in my defense, that thread was a coule of pages back. I've also been on and off for my keeping up at ehMac. Something about being forced to do work at work and being sick of computer screens at the end of the day

:cool:

·
Canadian By Choice
117,530 Posts
jwoodget, don't knock "too much computer time". I know that I actually utilize ehMacLand as a diversion from the 7000+ postings I have received/read/responded to in my five web courses this semester. There are times when I don't want to look at another WebCT template. There is a sort of empathy in the message box between the parallel red bars of this forum. And lest we forget the "instant gremlins"!!! Speaking of icons, has Peter S. been online recently? I know that he was busy, but I have not seen more than a few of his postings in the past week or so.

Peter, if you are out there, we miss you!!!

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Nah, wasn't knocking Strongblade for trying to avoid screen-eyes...... just for his all-too-close-to-the-mark comment about "wasting time at work"
Like you, I find ehMac a tonic and useful diversion when having to drill through an endless pile of computer work.

Besides, Strongblade has the envynews board moderation to do too

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Many of us are otherwise occupied, these days.

More's the pity.

As for the US commanders and their use of Macs in the field....

Seems like a no-brainer, to me. The Panasonic tough-books are rock solid, no doubt. But they are saddled with the heavy yoke of a Windows-based operating system and that makes them...in my mind...totally unsuitable for fast graphic displays and quite prone to crashes and a multitude of viruses.

IMHO, this will not keep your guys alive, in time of war.

Let the people who are doing mundane tasks in the field use the inferior systems....and equip the battle commanders who have to make the hard choices with Apple computers. (CNN and some of the other major news network field-types apparently use Apple computers, after all)

Accounting and secretarial chores for the PC's.... command decisions and brilliance in planning done on a Mac.

Again...a no-brainer.

BTW-can you imagine a "battle hardened" Powerbook? Can you imagine if it were actually available for sale to the public? Something like the military-grade Hummer?

I bet that puppy would sell!

Boy HOWDY! :cool: :D

·
Canadian By Choice
117,530 Posts
jwoodget, you have hit upon a great idea -- the ehMacLand tonic! It is an elixir which brings about a feeling of well-being, contentment, an urge to purchase a new Mac, thoughts of peace and security, and a cure for insomnia and baldness. We could get Rich the Chemist to "brew" up a batch, sell it with the doctor's "seal of approval" by Macdoc, the "Heart" foundation, and the official drink of Mayor ehMax. Yes, a grand idea!!!!! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts