Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*Streamers flying* *Fireworks cracking* *Women jumping out of cakes* *F-16ings flying in formation over head* *Bands playing*

Hurray! Hurray! :D

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Shouldn't the Queen of England be sending you a card or something?

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Congratulations!!!

But... how do we know you didn't hack your posts to 1000?
After all, you are the supreme dictator of this place.

By the way, right this second, you have 1001.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
I have no idea if the Mayor hacked his way past the magic 1000 barrier, Kosh....but I would say that if he did, then it would be totally out of character from what I've seen.

Besides....a little history lesson here...EhMax used to go by another screen name when he started this thing and he racked up quite a few posts before he switched names. That zeroed out his post total, I think.

Consequently, he probably technically hit the thousand mark a while ago. So we can safely assume that he is the first to hit four digits...TWICE!

BTW-I'm not sure that it's particularly productive for us to be fixating on racking up a "big score" if you know what I mean.

For my money, content is far more important than quantity. ;)

Just my thoughts on this....

·
Registered
363 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by macnutt:
Besides....a little history lesson here...EhMax used to go by another screen name when he started this thing and he racked up quite a few posts before he switched names.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i've always wondered why he is number 40.
now i know, and knowing is half the battle.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
For my money, content is far more important than quantity.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Coming from the guy who's score is almost second from our esteemed-hero-worshipness at 700+ posts!

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>But... how do we know you didn't hack your posts to 1000?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello,

Don't question our leader like that or he'll have you...better not say, or I might get the same fate. :eek:

James

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Congrats... and to think that @ one time I had more posts then you (but then again, most of them @ that time were useless, now I only post if I have something to say).

More proof to show that our industrious mayor works hard for us *include hisses from crowd for sucking up along with big sign from others saying "Its only the truth, not sucking up!"*

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
The Mayor seems to be the first to have reached this landmark, who do you think will be the second? Heart has over 800 posts, Macnutt and myself are up over 700. I am sure that the likes of strongblade, spanishjoe and chealion are in the running as well.

Place your bets now folks! I'd be the bookie but I think that would be a conflict of interests.

--PB

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Well, providing I don't have another chest cold like I've had since Thursday (basically, I've been out of it for 4 days now) I should reach the magic 1000 before too long.

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Hey, how's about rate? 100 posts since August..... Am trying to catch up. Puff, puff. Lagging badly. Getting too old to keep up with the young uns. Wheeze, wheeze.....

My bet's on Strongblade (assuming his cold doesn't return). Since he's been working at Adobe his post quotient has flattened. Must be all that tech support for John Warnock.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
There's only one thing to do when you get your millenium post:

<center>beer, boxers and your favourite computer game. :D

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
You know...after I wrote that bit about quality VS quantity I looked down at my "score" and thought to myself that someone was gonna raise a stink about it.

Fair enough...but look back in the archives and I think you'll find that the people with the "big numbers" such as StrongBlade, Posterboy, Heart and the like (my humble self included) haven't exactly been posting two-word replies simply to rack up a big "score".

PosterBoy has provided all of us with more real and useful info than almost anyone else here, and StrongBlade's posts are always a hoot (and frequently VERY helpful as well). Heart has been here since the beginning and is both helpful and a moderating influence for some of our more heated discussions (probably why ehMax chose him as a "publc official").

There are several more who have rather high scores at ehMac and , based on their past comments, I look forward to reading their posts on a daily basis. This is practically the first place I go after checking my email each day. :cool:

I'm betting that StrongBlade or PosterBoy will be the next to hit the 1000 mark (StrongBlade seems to be in the lead but he doesn't post as often as he used to so it is a fair fight) ;)

Another little history lesson for the newbies at ehMac....we used to have a citizen named GordGuide who was about two hundred posts AHEAD of both PB and myself and, let me TELL ya....this guy was some fountain of information. On ANY subject! Reading his posts was like being back at university...except without the drowsiness and boredom. You could really learn a lot from GordGuide.

I wish he was still here....and I bet a few of the other "old timers" do as well. I'm bettin that, if he were still here, he would have been right behind the Mayor at the 1000 mark. :cool:

Here's a thought....instead of betting to see which of us will hit the 1000 post milestone next, let's all speculate on when we will hit the 1000 citizen mark!

We could start a pool and everyone could pick a date....like we did when our beloved dictator was expecting his next tator-tot.

Not only that, if someone picked a date that's in the near future and really wanted to win then they could actually affect the outcome by convincing new memebers to join up. Sounds like a win-win to me. :D

What do all of the rest of you think about this? Any takers?

(...gosh, there's nothing like a game that can be rigged to get a Scotsman really interested, eh?)

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
I miss Chealion's banter...
Your posts have become a little rare since you upgraded your machine a couple of months back.... you posted more with your legacy machine. You must have realized a little more of the internet with all that G4 power.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Not only that, if someone picked a date that's in the near future and really wanted to win then they could actually affect the outcome by convincing new memebers to join up. Sounds like a win-win to me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello,

Well, given the fact that certain members of this board had several iTools accounts, I might be concerned that they may artificially inflate the Citizen count by creating extra accounts themselves.

Also, just because more people join the 'insane asylum' doesn't mean the community will benefit in any positive way (i.e., my membership). :D

Dictionary: asylum - NOUN:
1. An institution for the care of people, especially those with physical or mental impairments, who require organized supervision or assistance.

I've really got to stop using the dictionary!

James

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'm betting that StrongBlade or PosterBoy will be the next to hit the 1000 mark (StrongBlade seems to be in the lead but he doesn't post as often as he used to so it is a fair fight) ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been sick for a week, so I have been inactive on all sorts of areas, such as internet, computer use, getting off the couch...

But my moaning toward the ceiling while writhing in agony points have shot through the roof...

So I will be getting back into form over the next week and should make the magic 1000 probably later this month.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
SYLLABICATION:
bra·va·do
PRONUNCIATION:
br?-vä?d?
NOUN:
Inflected forms: pl. bra·va·dos or bra·va·does
1 a. Defiant or swaggering behavior: strove to prevent our courage from turning into bravado. b. A pretense of courage; a false show of bravery. 2. A disposition toward showy defiance or false expressions of courage.
ETYMOLOGY:
French bravade and Old Spanish bravada, swagger, bravery, both ultimately from Vulgar Latin *brabus, brave. See brave.

-----

I love my Sherlock Dictionary, Jaguar style

---
Thanks macnutt ;)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Cynical Critic said:
There's only one thing to do when you get your millenium post:

<center>beer, boxers and your favourite computer game. :D

Ain't that the truth!:)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts