Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a really long subject to test and debug some new widget code...........>

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I should test my tweaks...

:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was looking at making the subject scroll for long subjects, and ran out of time to play with the code, and have not had a chance to get back to it.

Then I come here and actually find posts!

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone want to count the number of characters in that title?

It is as large as it can be....

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Heh, I was looking at making mine scroll, but its not that easy... By the way, out of good faith I counted how many characters it was... its 85 characters long... Scrolling may be a little difficult, but the widget that shows the current iTunes song playing does it quite well.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Chealion wrote:
Scrolling may be a little difficult, but the widget that shows the current iTunes song playing does it quite well.

Scrolling's quite easy, actually.

<pre>
<text data="Look, ma, I'm scrolling!">
<name>textScroll</name>
<scrolling>autoLeft</scrolling>
</text>
</pre>

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
What I meant by it is that adding it to your widget is difficult as meddling with the code in how it takes the data often causes the widget to stop working, I only JUST (as in 3 seconds ago) realized how to allow myself to click so I go to the Town Hall instead of the specfic thread :D

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Chealion wrote:
What I meant by it is that adding it to your widget is difficult as meddling with the code in how it takes the data often causes the widget to stop working.

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to the regular expressions that grab and parse data from the front page (they're pretty delicate).

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Thats what I was supposed to do, but I tried changing it so I made a new Array and in the array I had the forum numbers and tried setting the targetURL to "http://www.ehmac.com/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=" and then put in the right number so it goes. But in the end it didn't matter as sticking a simple if statement in the gotoTown() function, I was able allow the user to determine whether to go to the thread or the area where the thread is.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
who all is working on a widget?

and what kind of widget is it? Or are you all just modding the ehMac widget?
http://homepage.mac.com/g_prime/TheWiseWidget.sit
If you want to check out my pathetic attempt, my other post got buried under a whack of monster threads

1 - 17 of 17 Posts