Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on the movie showcasing his 'final' rehearsals? Some people are getting very uppity about it and have even gone so far as to design entire campaigns around blatantly stating that "This is NOT it". People shouldn't take it so personally and just enjoy his music for what it is.

I found a video for "They Don't Care About Us" that's being used to promote the flick. Odd choice of song (one of his most, if not THE most controversial ones), but it suits the acapella treatment I think.

YEAHOYEAH - Michael Jackson - They Don't Care About Us

·
Registered
889 Posts
I'm thinking there's a lot of money to be made off of his name now that he's dead. This likely isn't lost on his family members, his production company, etc. I was never a fan, nor did I dislike him, but I do think it's a shame to profit off of his demise. Celebrity death can be big business these days.

·
Apple Certified
2,726 Posts
They Don't Care About Us is one of my favorite MJ songs...

There are actually two videos (you can find them on YouTube), both filmed by Spike Lee... One filmed in Brazil (streets of Rio I believe) and the other filmed in "prison".

·
Premium Member
11,953 Posts
The reviews I have read indicate that "This is NOT It" are pretty accurate -- but not to be mean, these are REHEARSAL tapes. MJ is (I've read) clearly not giving it his all as he would when he has an audience (and more importantly, audience feedback) to work for. Some songs are only half-sung, some moves not performed as you expect, etc.

Please not that I am not making a comment on the film or its worthiness or MJ himself, just passing on what the critics are saying so that people here who might want to see the film aren't disappointed. From what I've seen of clips from various outlets, it looked to me like the final show(s) would have been up to his usual standard, which is quite impressive given his age and the drugs he was taking. I feel sure the final show would have gotten good reviews.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts