Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being realtively new on this forum, I want to know what the difference is between:

(1) Super Citizen
(2) New Neighbor
(3) Full Citizen
(4) Is there a fourth classification??

Is the status based on the number of posts, elapsed time on the board, etc...

Thanks

·
Registered
590 Posts
Right on the money with number of posts. New Neighbor -self explanitory. Full Citizen a few posts. Super citizen-1000 posts (I think).

Hope you find this board useful...to the faithful this is the best on the Web! Welcome and enjoy!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks MMP,

I wanna be a Super Citizen (not to be confused with Senior Citizen)

I guess a few more thousand posts like this will get me there!

·
Registered
523 Posts
The answer to this question and many, many more in the FAQ!
I found this resource quite useful when I joined.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
I think it takes fifteen posts to become a full citizen. Don't be alarmed if you are still listed as a new neighbor when you have slightly more than that number. The Mayor does the upgrades when he has some spare time. He will get around to you, promise.

As for "Super Citizen"...it takes one thousand posts. And it means squat, really. (well...it means those of us who have that particular designation probably need to get a hobby or a life or something)

But you don't get a prize or some extra magical powers along with it. Just a well worn keyboard. ;)

We discussed having another classification for the truly wordy among us who had hit three or four or even ten thousand posts...but nothing ever came of it.

Really, except for the Mayor and the other two Public Officials, there is no real system of "rank" around here.

So, if you have something to say then speak up. No fear.

BTW....if it becomes necessary to add emphasis to your comments by swearing, most of us choose to mix a few asterisks or ampersands into the word in order to make it a tad less offensive. No sh*t.

Other than that, it's a pretty open forum.

...welcome to ehmac! :cool: :D

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
MacAttack says quote:

"I wanna be a Super Citizen (not to be confused with Senior Citizen) "

Sinc Says:

I wanna be a Super Citizen too but I am trying like h*ll to get there BEFORE I become a senior citizen.

:D

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Don't be alarmed if you are still listed as a new neighbor when you have slightly more than that number. The Mayor does the upgrades when he has some spare time. He will get around to you, promise.
Actually, I'm pretty sure the forum automatically updates your forum status - doesn't need to be manually done.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope, 15 posts won't get me to Full Citizen.. as you can see my status...

It must be 25 posts then

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Nope...it's 30 posts to get you to a full citizen. Check out the FAQ link that sinjin mentioned...

Just keep talking...you'll get there :D

I'd love to see a chart on the rate in which certain chatty members have taken to get to their numbers. Then we'd see who the most talkative is

·
Canadian By Choice
117,494 Posts
Macnutt, I am glad to read your statement "So, if you have something to say then speak up. No fear." FDR would be pleased with your defense of one of the Four Freedoms. Paix, mon ami.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WOOHOOO!!

I'm now a Full Citizen @ 30!!!

OK.. what are my priviledges?

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
None.

But you do have responsibilities now ;)
Behave, have fun, and try to make quality matter more then quantity. (The two have no reflection on each other since most people here give high quality posts, and it has nothing to do with the amount of posts they have).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts