Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seemed to have a rash of creativity today, and so I'd like to share the following. Feel free to ridicule, praise or critique them.

I have no claim to any great talent, and so I've been learning GarageBand and thought Microsoft's posters would be funny.

Anyways, I share my GarageBand track! Thank you MacDoc for sending me my copy!

Airplace (AAC)

And for all those interested in Microsoft's new posters, here is a desktop:

800x600

1024x768

1600x1200

Have fun!

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Link must be fixed I have it on my desktop right now.

Hey! What are you doing in Kansas City?
Did I miss something, is that permanent, a vacation, or something?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Your link may work Heart, but mine looks like this:

(insert Gibberish/Code)

Cheers

:D

EDIT: Cleaned for formatting.

[ February 10, 2004, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: Chealion ]

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that is just weird...

The Audio link, I guess you just have to option click on it, as Safari must not recognize m4a as an AAC file. :confused:

But I've heard from several people Internet Explorer doesn't load the images properly. However Safari does. It's just weird. Sorry if I cause anyone any inconvenience, just option click any link. It will download that way.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Option click (to get the track)

Not a bad job at all...the string section reminds me a little of one of the riffs in Eleanor Rigby.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
I decided to put GarageBand to work so that I could have some soft music to accompany the credits section of a home movie. Given that I had only 10 minutes to do this, I'm pretty happy with the results.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Well done Chealion

These orchestra strings sure are used a lot: I have now come across them in 4 GB songs. Probably because they are cool and there are few to choose from...

PG: how did you put yours together? I recognise the loops, but how do you get them to move higher (or is it an illusion)?

PG: How do get to host a music file on your .mac account so that it shows as a Quicktime style stream?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Moscool: The file streams itself just by putting it in a newly created subfolder of the "sites" folder on iDisk. No trickery was involved in my track. Near the middle of the song, I ran two loops at once and added some flange to the last eight bars...

I would have added a sustain or two but there just wasn't time to figure out how to do it. Anyone know?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts