ehMac banner

1001 - 1015 of 1015 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Anyone see the trailer for the unnamed THIRD Walking Dead series? Nothing to inspire here, folks.
You mean the Walking Breakfast Club Dead?
Looks absolutely stupid. And I am normally the guy who says I am sure it will be okay even if not great any expansion of the series universe is probably a good thing? Maybe?

... in terms of timing.. they have a city, with secure walls, university and schools and 9K or people at the same time our band of merry idiots have established a working radio and phalanx. Yeeeaah. Okay.

BReligion

·
Premium Member
42,306 Posts
I will say, though, that the Season 10 opener of TWD went the extra mile with the soggy decrepit walkers.... eeeeeewwwwww!!!!!!! :lmao:
At some point you would want to know how they continue to expend energy as their mass decays. If a brain shot kills them, then its still essential for their neural networks to operate sufficiently - clearly their nerves are rotted right through. By now they should be weak as (dead) kittens.

·
Premium Member
42,306 Posts
You mean the Walking Breakfast Club Dead?
Looks absolutely stupid. And I am normally the guy who says I am sure it will be okay even if not great any expansion of the series universe is probably a good thing? Maybe?

... in terms of timing.. they have a city, with secure walls, university and schools and 9K or people at the same time our band of merry idiots have established a working radio and phalanx. Yeeeaah. Okay.

BReligion

The Walking Dead pulls in only 4 million viewers per episode. FTWD pulls in less than half of that. Both numbers are in steady decline. I don't understand how that can make these financially viable enterprises. You would think increasing the viewership on the flagship series would be the way to go, but clearly someone thinks that adding another product to the franchise is the key to financial success.

·
Premium Member
42,306 Posts
The news that The Walking Dead series will end (in two years) seems to have inspired relief, rather than massive write-in campaigns. The series will be forever marked by the stain of terrible story arcs and deaths of so many major characters that few characters of interest remain.

Is anybody clamouring for these three Rick Grimes movies at this point?

At any rate, the large number of current and proposed spin-offs will continue to grind on for some time to come.

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
I’ve pretty much lost interest though I did enjoy the first few seasons. I don’t think the Rick Grimes movies are getting made. Nobody cares anymore.

·
Premium Member
42,306 Posts
I’ve pretty much lost interest though I did enjoy the first few seasons. I don’t think the Rick Grimes movies are getting made. Nobody cares anymore.
Last I heard, the Grimes films are still on the production treadmill.. but I have no idea who the intended audience might be.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Stopped watching, or at least keeping up with it in the season that introduced the Negan character. It was a pretty dark season, don't think I finished the entire thing. Not because I really disliked it but life just got busy and sitting around watching tv at that point was not a high priority. Have never gotten around to picking it up again though probably will once it is all complete and I know the ending is in sight. Generally hate open ended stories on TV as you never know when they will be canceled and leave you high and dry.

I love the show, not for the zombies but the survival aspect. I have always been intrigued by these stories of humanity picking up or at least trying to rebuild after something catastrophic. This should could have been great without the zombies as well as we soon see that mankind is the biggest monster of them all. Would love to see a series like this with no supernatural, no government conspiracies, just work almost ended and people are trying to start over.

·
Premium Member
42,306 Posts
I love the show, not for the zombies but the survival aspect. I have always been intrigued by these stories of humanity picking up or at least trying to rebuild after something catastrophic.
This is the aspect that always intrigues me. Scavenging, repurposing, rebuilding. I'm happy just to watch that characters do this intelligently. A few epsiodes of The Walking Dead did exactly that and they are among my favourites.

·
Premium Member
42,306 Posts
Walking Dead: World Beyond

I eventually watched this out of the corner of my eye while working. Clearly written for sensitive Gen-Z viewers. Some self-absorbed (and largely irritating) characters traverse the walker landscape 10 years on. Short on action, big on tears. Preposterous story arc. Poor character motivation. Clumsy action sequences. Occasionally atmospheric. One nice sequence featuring shadow puppets.

Kids may like it.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Walking Dead: World Beyond

I eventually watched this out of the corner of my eye while working. Clearly written for sensitive Gen-Z viewers. Some self-absorbed (and largely irritating) characters traverse the walker landscape 10 years on. Short on action, big on tears. Preposterous story arc. Poor character motivation. Clumsy action sequences. Occasionally atmospheric. One nice sequence featuring shadow puppets.

Kids may like it.
Is this the one where they are in some secure place and there is a school and these teenagers sneak out? I had no interest in that spin off at all and I generally love all end of the world type stories to see how people survive and rebuild.

·
Premium Member
42,306 Posts
Is this the one where they are in some secure place and there is a school and these teenagers sneak out? I had no interest in that spin off at all and I generally love all end of the world type stories to see how people survive and rebuild.
That's the one. The kids have lived in a walled off university for 10 years, but behave exactly as kids today. They mostly stumble along and survive by luck, but keep telling each other how great they are. Participation trophies for all!

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
That's the one. The kids have lived in a walled off university for 10 years, but behave exactly as kids today. They mostly stumble along and survive by luck, but keep telling each other how great they are. Participation trophies for all!
That is what loses it for me as it does not seem realistic for the world that has been created.

1001 - 1015 of 1015 Posts