Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

101 - 120 of 204 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
What makes you a valued customer? Is your contract up or do you give them over $100 a month or something?

So far I haven't gotten this message, but I also don't meet those requirements.
Probably the fact they get several hundred dollars a month from me. :eek:

Robbers indeed.

·
peek-a-boo
16,510 Posts
well rogers sent me a message announcing that iOS5 was coming out, but no mention of the new phone or how to get one should I want one.

Maybe my hundreds a month isn't "hundreds" enough?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just a question that might have been answered but it regards Siri. Will you have to hold the home button to activate it? Because that would have been amazing if you didnt. I NEVER use the voice functions in the 4 because if i have to hold the home button for 2 seconds then I might as well try to find what I am looking for myself.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just got off the phone with Rogers. It will cost me $320, + admin fee ($35) plus the (subsidized) cost of the phone to upgrade. I'm a launch day iPhone 4 owner, so it looks like this is the minimum fee any current iPhone 4 owners will have to pay Rogers to get a 4s. Boo-urns. I guess Rogers won't be seeing a lot of upgrades.

·
Seriously?
4,442 Posts
I just got off the phone with Rogers. It will cost me $320, + admin fee ($35) plus the (subsidized) cost of the phone to upgrade. I'm a launch day iPhone 4 owner, so it looks like this is the minimum fee any current iPhone 4 owners will have to pay Rogers to get a 4s. Boo-urns. I guess Rogers won't be seeing a lot of upgrades.
To be honest as much as I don't like contracts you can't blame Rogers.

·
Premium Member
15,710 Posts
Rogers hasn't announced any new upgrade paths yet. The person on the phone offers you the best offer they have available, even if it's the worst offer you can imagine. So, wait. Then upgrade the right way.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Just a question that might have been answered but it regards Siri. Will you have to hold the home button to activate it? Because that would have been amazing if you didnt. I NEVER use the voice functions in the 4 because if i have to hold the home button for 2 seconds then I might as well try to find what I am looking for myself.
Is SIRI a replacement for voice control? I expect so, then it would work with all the BT devices like BT headsets, etc.. and my motorcycle BT communicator :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is SIRI a replacement for voice control? I expect so, then it would work with all the BT devices like BT headsets, etc.. and my motorcycle BT communicator :)
I meant was if there would be any way to activate Siri without holding the home button.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I meant was if there would be any way to activate Siri without holding the home button.
I doubt it, how did you want to activate it without holding the home button? It would be battery intensive for it to be constantly monitoring the mic for a specific command to activate it by voice. I can't imagine any other way to activate it without a button.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I doubt it, how did you want to activate it without holding the home button? It would be battery intensive for it to be constantly monitoring the mic for a specific command to activate it by voice. I can't imagine any other way to activate it without a button.
well just the way kenect for xbox was. Just say "Siri ......"

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
well just the way kenect for xbox was. Just say "Siri ......"
Which brings us back to it being battery intensive to constantly monitor the mic for a trigger word. Kenect is tethered to an Xbox, which is plugged in to a wall....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Rogers hasn't announced any new upgrade paths yet. The person on the phone offers you the best offer they have available, even if it's the worst offer you can imagine. So, wait. Then upgrade the right way.
Sorry, but they announced it months ago. See :

What You Want When You Want It: Upgrade Early with Rogers | Rogers RedBoard

Here's a relevant quote:
Pricing, eligibility and offers are subject to change so it’s always best to visit a local Rogers retail location where a customer service representative can check your eligibility. This new early upgrade offer applies to our entire lineup and replaces special device specific hardware upgrade offers we’ve had in the past, such as the iPhone 4 early upgrade offer.

But I do hope I'm wrong...

·
Premium Member
15,710 Posts
It's possible that there will be early upgrades for iPhone 4 early purchasers, though, despite what that says, depending on what kind of customer they are. In the past, Rogers always said "not available" until there was a path available.

Sorry, but they announced it months ago. See :

What You Want When You Want It: Upgrade Early with Rogers | Rogers RedBoard

Here's a relevant quote:
Pricing, eligibility and offers are subject to change so it’s always best to visit a local Rogers retail location where a customer service representative can check your eligibility. This new early upgrade offer applies to our entire lineup and replaces special device specific hardware upgrade offers we’ve had in the past, such as the iPhone 4 early upgrade offer.

But I do hope I'm wrong...

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
They might allow it with a button on an earphone line. Still a button but a bit more handy.

·
Amazeballs.
77 Posts
The last two years Rogers offered me an early HW upgrade (since I always buy the new iPhone - 3G then 4 - the day it comes out).. This time around it seems they aren't doing that... $320 early HW upgrade penalty + $35 Admin Fee + $299 for the 32 GB iPhone 4S = $650... Might as well spend the extra $100 and get it fully unlocked from Apple, and not have to deal with Rogers at all!

Any thoughts?

101 - 120 of 204 Posts