Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
7221 - 7240 of 7246 Posts

·
peek-a-boo
17,094 Posts
Wow....confusing mpg and mph ....had your dementia check?

No lockdowns here ...kicked an ant's nest I guess...such vitriol....
I guess your 1st bit of sig sums you up ☕
Macdoc, this is the same one that is busy telling everyone that India cured covid by giving its billion plus poplulatuon horse dewormer…. And no one noticed, and that they sentenced a chief WHO scientist to death and no news agency reported that, ‘cause, like his climate change theory websites, apparently some website said it.

that should pretty much put all his theories here into perspective. :LOL:

·
Premium Member
23,397 Posts
Go ahead, MacDoc. Shatter his fragile, little Prog world.

·
Premium Member
42,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,223 ·
This one made me laugh:

Wheel Tire Photograph Automotive tire Vehicle

Get yer motor runnin' MacDoc!

·
Premium Member
23,397 Posts
Hey, maybe there's another riding season left on this old planet yet! 'Course, ya may have to put on long johns...

Brrr… Arctic Sea Ice Melt the Lowest in 15 Years, Antarctic Sea Ice Above Average

The Arctic Ocean gained a record amount of sea ice during the first week of September. Most years the Arctic loses ice, but this year ice extent has increased almost 200,000 km. sq. This will not be reported by @CNN @BBCNews or the @nytimes https://t.co/jxEZ5RU80N pic.twitter.com/sAW9BwmvUF
Related:

20% Increase In Arctic Sea Ice Volume

Arctic sea ice volume is up 20% from last year and is just below the 2004-2013 average.

NOAA says earth just experienced the hottest month ever. But the ice forgot to melt.
Related, too:

All Fake News – All The Time

CBS News says the Arctic is record hot at 100 degrees and bazillions of scientists say we have to take action to save the climate.
Some great imagery at the last link.

And, here's one more, from the old days:

1979 – The Beginning Of Time

Missed predictions from Kerry & the Goreacle, etc, etc, etc. All kinds of fun!

·
Premium Member
30,930 Posts
Wow ...a wayback machine for AGW deniers...such nostalgia. August | 2021 | Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis
comparison of various melt years and multiyear ice area

:rolleyes:

I was riding a 305 SuperHawk BEFORE that movie came out.I went to the movie on it and kept a wary eye on pickups for a while after.
..weighed the same as my CB300F now which gets twice the mpg.
Next ride will be an EV.

I hear there are noise packs out for them for them

·
Premium Member
42,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,227 ·
MacDoc, you picked a chart that begins in 2008 because the extended data set doesn't make any point.

·
Premium Member
30,930 Posts
have trouble with trends do you.

try this
Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Gas

or this
Slope Rectangle Line Font Circle

For fucks sake grow up and acknowledge there is a problem, it's our fault and it will have expensive consequences.....already has expensive consequences.
Like Covid ...it's going to be a matter of adapting rather than preventing...all we can do at this point is blunt the impact.

Reactions: Freddie_Biff

·
peek-a-boo
17,094 Posts
Talking to these two is rather like putting a pair of old deaf Siamese cats on a leash thinking you’re going to go for a walk.

·
Premium Member
42,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,230 ·
1979 is the the typical cherry picked year for doing a sea ice chart because it featured record breaking sea ice coverage.

I would acknowledge that there is a problem, it's largely in your head, and you need to do something about it.

have trouble with trends do you.

try this
or this

For fucks sake grow up and acknowledge there is a problem, it's our fault and it will have expensive consequences.....already has expensive consequences.
Like Covid ...it's going to be a matter of adapting rather than preventing...all we can do at this point is blunt the impact.

·
Premium Member
30,930 Posts
1979 is the the typical cherry picked year for doing a sea ice chart because it featured record breaking sea ice coverage.
You don't know what the fuck you are on about ...1979 is when we could measure sea ice by satellite - wow - flaunt your ignorance a little more. You know absolutely nothing about climate so shut the fuck up before you dig a deeper hole.

What ever happened to your pause in the 90s.?? That actually was the denidiots cherry picking the then record 1997 year....

Hint - it ain't the record year anymore....
Climate Change's Impact — Climate Reality Project NYC

·
Premium Member
23,397 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,397 Posts
Is that correct, MacDoc? Satellite measurement of polar ice began in 1979?

·
Premium Member
42,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,237 ·
If you go with 1979 as the beginning of the sea ice record you have to weigh the chances that this tiny 40-year sliver represents something abnormal against tens of thousands of years. We don't really know what level of sea ice is normal, but we do know through carefully reconstructed records that the patterns don't appear to be anomalous.

·
Premium Member
5,988 Posts
Waldorf and Statler doesn’t totally work as an analogy for macfury and fexl. I mean yeah they’re both grumpy, but the former beneath their gruff exterior actually have some intelligence.

·
Premium Member
23,397 Posts
Huh. Silence. Suddenly not quite so sure of yourself, MacDoc? You shouldn't be.

So here's the claim, in all its hubristic, colourful language:

You don't know what the fuck you are on about ...1979 is when we could measure sea ice by satellite - wow - flaunt your ignorance a little more. You know absolutely nothing about climate so shut the fuck up before you dig a deeper hole.
It's really too bad you didn't bother reading my earlier link (how did you put it? "Wow ...a wayback machine for AGW deniers...such nostalgia."). You would have avoided a little self-inflicted public humiliation. And maybe learned something in the process.

According to two of the holiest of your bibles, TIPCC AR1 & AR2 (you have heard of those, right?), satellite measurement of Arctic sea ice started in 1973, fully 6 years before your claim of 1979.

And, and, if you give the data even a passing glance you will note at least two things:
1) 1979 is at or near the peak of Arctic sea ice, which is precisely why it's been used by warmists since day one to formulate the false narrative, and
2) There is no trend. Which is, again, precisely the conclusion that they found:

“Neither hemisphere has exhibited significant trends in seaice extent since 1973 when satellite measurements began
Bold mine.

You find that little gem on page 150 of Working Group 1's Second Assessment Report, along with the data. The data can also be found on page 224 in the First Annual Report.

Now, I know the Chattering Class knows little to nothing on the topic. I know MF has a handle on the topic. And I know you think you know lots about Globull Warming but you are nowhere near the expert you purport yourself to be.
One of the Chattering Class summed it nicely: "It's the best when they ensnare themselves in their nonsense."

A little humility is in order.

7221 - 7240 of 7246 Posts