Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,297 Posts
Too bad. Sounds like a place with a ton of potential & near zero results.

On a related note, on the south end of Flathead Lake in Montana there is a small town named Polson. Heading south of Polson 3/4 of a mile on US 93 you pass by a privately owned museum called The Miracle Of America.

For years I've been driving past the place saying to myself, "Some day when I have more time..." That day never seemed to arrive.

Couple weeks back I made the time. Walked into the place on a Sunday morning just after 9:00, paid my $6 and proceeded to blow the next 4 hours without even realizing the time had gone. I could easily have taken 2 more. Unfortunately the only camera I had was my phone & the battery went dead after about 100 photos of the motorcycles alone.

Motorcycles, cars, trucks, military, Americana, pioneers, First Immigrants, tractors, steam engines, snowmobiles, many outbuildings with central and sometimes eclectic themes (gunsmithing, blacksmithing, washing machines, hairdresser, etc., etc., etc.)

Wow. Stunning. If you ever get the chance, just go. Bring a camera with extra battery power. Bring good walking shoes & a water bottle. The main building is massive but there is even more outdoors so bring appropriate clothing.

I've no idea what his collection is worth but I'm pretty sure he spent less than $375 million...

·
Canadian By Choice
117,382 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,495 Posts
"It was once thought to be impossible to remove oil from sand, but Alberta engineers cracked the code of how to do it and unlocked one of the single most valuable oil windfalls in history. This epic feat of innovation is not mentioned, but there is a display filled with $15 worth of Newfoundland junk food."

:confused::confused::confused: :eek: :eek: :(
Don't worry Dr. G. I think they deliver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts