Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

The Shangri-la Clubhouse

13M views 133K replies 249 participants last post by  Macfury 
#1 ·
In that it appears that the Monster Thread has died a quiet but noble death, I propose that this thread take it's place. Hopefully, it shall contain all that was good about the Monster Thread -- a thread of peace and tranquility, of humor/humour, wit, satire,and silliness. It was an oasis from all the troubling news that is all too real in the world "beyond the horizon". It provided all who came a cool drink of water and a momentary respite.

Personally, the Monster Thread was a place where I could wish you all a peaceful good night, or greet you with a smile and a cup of freshly brewed coffee.

We cannot recreate the Monster Thread, just like it is not possible to recreate the original Woodstock. It is something that just happened, with no overt plan, no rhyme or reason. Yet, in my honest and sincere opinion, it served a valuable purpose for our community. Friendships were made in this thread, and only concerns and worries were lost, albeit momentarily.

Thus, I propose that this thread inherit all the good qualities of the Monster Thread, and, as the Phoenix before it, rise out of the ashes of technological "flames". I would also propose that the Shangri-la clubhouse have no leader (sorry Kosh for your one-term in office postion). Let it be free to wander where it might go, free from the talk of more serious and relevant matters that have their open debates in all the other threads.

RIP Monster Thread. You were of, by and for the people of ehMacLand.

In the words of William Wordsworth

"What though the radiance which was once so bright
Be now for ever taken from my sight,
Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;

We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind;
In the primal sympathy
Which having been must ever be."

[ February 15, 2004, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: Dr.G. ]

See less See more
#130,841 ·
A quiet Sunday with a nice sunrise forming. Coffee is brewing. We have a lack of internet service in our rental so I am not sure how often I shall be able to post comes Wed. We shall see.

#130,842 ·
A quiet Sunday with a nice sunrise forming. Coffee is brewing. We have a lack of internet service in our rental so I am not sure how often I shall be able to post comes Wed. We shall see.
Morning Marc. Bit of mix of cloud and sun here. Will have the den at 37c with, what else...thunderstorms...poor Guinness.

Will probably watch some NFL today...that and working on some Uriah Heep for my Two-Chord-Tuesday......and if we are lucky might have a BBQ....

Reactions: Dr.G.
#130,843 ·
BBQ ribs here with Deborah's secret rub and BBQ sauce.

#130,844 ·
We have a lack of internet service in our rental so I am not sure how often I shall be able to post comes Wed. We shall see.
BBQ ribs here with Deborah's secret rub and BBQ sauce.

Is there a close neighbour to your rental you could possibly rent some Wi-Fi internet air time if you could camp onto and use their wi-fi network for internet access.

That BBQ ribs sounds like a lovely idea and a reminder the local Esquimalt Ribfest carries on this weekend, but I think we will avoid the crowds, besides our appetites are not what they used to be. But I guess we could use the place and pick some up and just buy some of their ribs as a take out. A small order would probably last us all week.

- Patrick
=======

#130,845 ·
Is there a close neighbour to your rental you could possibly rent some Wi-Fi internet air time if you could camp onto and use their wi-fi network for internet access.

That BBQ ribs sounds like a lovely idea and a reminder the local Esquimalt Ribfest carries on this weekend, but I think we will avoid the crowds, besides our appetites are not what they used to be. But I guess we could use the place and pick some up and just buy some of their ribs as a take out. A small order would probably last us all week.

- Patrick
=======
No, we are way out in the country by a big lake

#130,846 ·
“You are never given a dream without also being given the power to make it come true. You will have to work for it, however.”
- Richard Bach -

#130,847 ·
No, we are way out in the country by a big lake

That sounds like an idyllic holiday type spot, and is the lake stocked and have you kept your fishing rod and fish landing-net handy??? 😏

Maybe rent one of those satellite internet connection devices... or can you use your cell phone as an Internet hot spot or one of the many internet connection alternative methods available these days???

- Patrick
=======

#130,848 ·
That sounds like an idyllic holiday type spot, and is the lake stocked and have you kept your fishing rod and fish landing-net handy??? 😏

Maybe rent one of those satellite internet connection devices... or can you use your cell phone as an Internet hot spot or one of the many internet connection alternative methods available these days???

- Patrick
=======
I don't fish. We are going with a NS company called Purple Cow to get some degree of internet service. No TV or phone as we now have with Bell.

#130,850 ·
Morning all. Looks like I have the keys today. Today we have Newfie Screech coffee with warm Maple Butter Scones......and for your morning smile....

After 45 years of marriage, Sarah became pregnant and had a child at age 65, which is a miracle in itself. After returning home, her neighbor, Alice, rushed over to see the new baby. Here is the conversation.
Alice: "I came to see the new baby!"
Sarah: "In due time... Sit and have a cup of coffee with me."
After they finished one cup, Alice asked, "Can I see Jr. now?"
Sarah: "In due time... Have another cup of coffee!"
After the second cup, Alice was getting impatient, and asked again, "Can I see the baby now?"
Sarah: "In due time..."
Alice: "Why are we waiting so long to see Jr.... Is there sometime wrong?"
Sarah: "I'm waiting for him to start crying."
Alice: "Why are you waiting for that!?"
Sarah: "I laid him down when I got home and can't remember where I put him!"

#130,851 ·
An Aphorism is a statement of truth or opinion expressed in a concise and witty manner.

♦ I find it ironic that the colors red, white and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.

♦ When wearing a bikini women reveal 90% of their bodies. Men are so polite they only look at the covered parts.

♦ Relationships are a lot like algebra. Have you ever looked at your X and wondered Y?

♦ You know that tingly little feeling you get when you love someone? That's common sense leaving your body.

♦ Money talks ... but all mine ever says is good-bye.

♦ You're not fat, you're just easier to see.

♦ If you think nobody cares whether you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

♦ I always wondered what the job application form is like at Hooters. Do they just give you a bra and say, "Here, fill this out?"

♦ I can’t understand why women are OK that JC Penney has an older women’s clothing line named, "Sag Harbor"

♦ The location of your mailbox shows you how far away from your house you can go in a robe before you start looking like a mental patient.

♦ Money can’t buy happiness, but it keeps the kids in touch.

♦ The reason Mayberry was so peaceful and quiet was because nobody was married. Andy, Aunt Bea, Barney, Floyd, Howard, Goober, Gomer, Sam, Earnest T Bass, Helen, Thelma Lou, Clara and, of course, Opie were all single. The only married person was Otis, & he was a drunk

#130,852 ·
This might be my last pot of coffee brewed here in The Shang for a short while. Moving day tomorrow. Stay well and stay safe, mes amis. I shall see you when I see you. Paix.

#130,856 ·
Thank you all for your well wishes. I am writing this from Box City Lunenburg. :) Boxes are everywhere in the house.

#130,857 ·
Signing off for a short period of time (I hope). Stay well and stay safe, mes amis. Paix.

Coffee is brewing in true OtHD fashion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.