Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
130821 - 130840 of 130873 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,315 Posts
You seem to be getting more than your fair share of storms lately, especially thunderstorms I understand... Tornado warnings must be rather scary... How does one protect themselves from such storms???

Basements if a house even has one doesn't seem to be a very good idea when you see pictures of houses completely collapsed.

- Patrick
=======
Believe it or not you get used to them Patrick. We have what you might call a root cellar downstairs and if we ever got hit we would be down there. The issue with tornados is night time when you are a sleep.....they come down so quick and are so random. A few years ago we had a small one hit down the street...not much damage but it came out of nowhere.

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Morning all. Wild night with the storm and tornado warning....but a little cooler here today.
Definitely looks like it was a bit crazy...

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Believe it or not you get used to them Patrick. We have what you might call a root cellar downstairs and if we ever got hit we would be down there. The issue with tornados is night time when you are a sleep.....they come down so quick and are so random. A few years ago we had a small one hit down the street...not much damage but it came out of nowhere.
Aggggh yes, the good old Root Cellars.

I didn't know that tornadoes could hit during the night, and I thought they were a daytime-only type thing. That could be a very scary type of thing as well as possibly being deadly dangerous.

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
10,404 Posts
Quite correct, if I was writing some sort of formal essay or dissertation and then that rule is usually absolutely correct— especially if one was speaking or writing Latin...
It's not really considered a writing error these days to end a sentence with a preposition, but it is considered to be a little less formal, and would certainly fit the format of casual emails or within a forum such as this. 😏

EDIT:
Gee, I see the old preposition rule is much more relaxed than I thought it was these days according to a lot of hits using a Google search, and not even Grammarly that I use caught any error in my post.

So it seems to be quite acceptable these days to use a preposition at the end of a sentence with casual usage eh???

- Patrick
=======
Relax. I was in a bad mood when I posted but I wasn't angry. Sorry for the commotion.

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Relax. I was in a bad mood when I posted but I wasn't angry. Sorry for the commotion.
I usually am quite relaxed thanks and your comments didn't bother me at all about grammar and word usage, especially when Grammarly is activated and working. which it usually is, at least when I'm using it with Google Chrome.

It's actually quite amazingly accurate. 😏

- Patrick
=======

·
Canadian By Choice
117,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130,827 ·
Morning all. Very dark outside as rain approaches. Coffee is brewing. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
10,315 Posts
Morning Marc, we are cool and sunny today. Might do a BBQ tonight as I await the broadcast of Comedy Central.

Reactions: Dr.G.

·
peek-a-boo
17,094 Posts
I usually end up watching a piece of it until, I can’t anymore. A crappy liberal, and even crappier liberal, a leader with a party in meltdown, a Quebec party, and a party that’ll never form government. Snooze.

It’s nice weather out :)

·
Premium Member
10,315 Posts
I usually end up watching a piece of it until, I can’t anymore. A crappy liberal, and even crappier liberal, a leader with a party in meltdown, a Quebec party, and a party that’ll never form government. Snooze.

It’s nice weather out :)
Approaching Fall in the city....I bet Harbourfront is great this time of year...I miss that. I also miss the Frozen Hot Chocolate that the Second Cup used to have....that and the old style Harvey’s Chocolate Shake....they changed the formula sometime ago and they are crappy now...but the Salted Carmel isn’t to bad.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130,833 ·
Morning all. The rain has stopped but the wind is really gusting now, so I best get the coffee brewing.

·
peek-a-boo
17,094 Posts
Made my coffee a little strong this morning, used a smaller French press but used too much coffee. Weeeeees.

debate last night was a crap show. I won’t comment on the candidates (bleh all of them) but the format and the moderator was ridiculous. I turned it off half way through and went to bed. Whichever way this goes, it’s not great.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130,836 ·
Morning all. Friends in St. John's, NL survived the winds of Larry overnight. Coffee is brewing.

·
Premium Member
10,315 Posts
Morning all. Friends in St. John's, NL survived the winds of Larry overnight. Coffee is brewing.
Morning Marc, do your friends in St. John’s have power now....hope all is well there.

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Morning Marc, do your friends in St. John’s have power now....hope all is well there.
I guess they could always check online... If they have power that is...

It seems that quite a few are still out of power...
Approximately 24,000 Still Without Power Due to Hurricane Larry
Sep 11, 2021 | 9:58 AM

It's amazing to me how such storms can still have so much power and rain left after travelling over that distance and the colder Northern waters.

- Patrick
=======

·
Canadian By Choice
117,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130,840 ·
My son lost a tree and power for 5 minutes in the storm.

130821 - 130840 of 130873 Posts