Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

130121 - 130140 of 130244 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
117,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130,121 ·
Cool picture Marc. Probably the only thing that will be cool here today...was up at 7a.m. As a dump truck’s tailgate clanged quite loudly after dumping its load next door....and it was already very hot....we will hit 90f again today dex wise.

Will be busy this week as I’m making a few “song learning” videos for the uke group I belong to. Tough part is trying to capture the groups music interests...but that will come when they comment on songs they would like to learn.

I’m trying to centralise all my music stuff between my two iPads, my Mac Mini and my Mac Air...that will teach me to have so many resources...might actually breakdown and use iCloud.

Will do BBQ chicken tonight...that with an apple flavoured slaw......
Cool picture Marc. Probably the only thing that will be cool here today...was up at 7a.m. As a dump truck’s tailgate clanged quite loudly after dumping its load next door....and it was already very hot....we will hit 90f again today dex wise.

Will be busy this week as I’m making a few “song learning” videos for the uke group I belong to. Tough part is trying to capture the groups music interests...but that will come when they comment on songs they would like to learn.

I’m trying to centralise all my music stuff between my two iPads, my Mac Mini and my Mac Air...that will teach me to have so many resources...might actually breakdown and use iCloud.

Merci, Rp. Much cooler here with sunshine and 18C temps. We are doing BBQ chicken as well, with some rhubarb and strawberry crisp.

Good luck with your music centralization.

Reactions: KC4

·
}<-('o')-
9,862 Posts
Today we have an important but stressful appointment - taking my little leopard Gecko, Gregory, in to the vet for a check-up. He's not nearly as social as our other lizard Ziggy, and unlike Ziggy, Greg does not enjoy being picked up. He merely tolerates it, and easily becomes panicked and starts to squirm or worse, bolt.

I wouldn't put him through the stress of the appointment, but I've noticed he's not as active as usual, and his appetite and weight have decreased. This is not good and I hope the fix is easy. Greg smiling.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,435 Posts
Hope your dude is all right!

Today we have an important but stressful appointment - taking my little leopard Gecko, Gregory, in to the vet for a check-up. He's not nearly as social as our other lizard Ziggy, and unlike Ziggy, Greg does not enjoy being picked up. He merely tolerates it, and easily becomes panicked and starts to squirm or worse, bolt.

I wouldn't put him through the stress of the appointment, but I've noticed he's not as active as usual, and his appetite and weight have decreased. This is not good and I hope the fix is easy. View attachment 93950

·
Canadian By Choice
117,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130,124 ·

I wouldn't put him through the stress of the appointment, but I've noticed he's not as active as usual, and his appetite and weight have decreased. This is not good and I hope the fix is easy. View attachment 93950
Good luck, Kim.

·
Premium Member
15,678 Posts
It's almost as good as making the paper thin dough from scratch, and it's about 1/10 of the work and mess.

I would say you could probably add at least another 0 (zero) to that fraction, if not more, at least for it to come out close to the same. 😉

Unfortunately, a lot of the local stores only seem to carry the very thin phyllo pastry sheets. Using multiple layers is not quite the same but gets close. At least for sausage rolls...

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
15,678 Posts

Have you ever done Spatchcock Chicken (butterflied) on the BBQ???

I understand it can be very flavorful and moist but nice and crispy on the outside.

This one looks good, and at least he's enthusiastic:

We must start using our barbecue more, but it has been quite chilly outside here lately and I am still suffering from some of my various ailments. But sure do love the taste of good barbecue foods.

- Patrick
=======

·
}<-('o')-
9,862 Posts
Hope your dude is all right!
Good luck, Kim.
Hope the lil guy is ok.
Thanks Y'all! Back from the vet! The blockbuster news is that Greg is a SHE! Whoops! I was told Greg was a male when I rescued her.
Vet examined her, took an X-Ray and decided that a de-worming was the best first course of action. Other than that, no major concerns identified.
First photo the Vet sent me from the exam room (because I'm waiting in the car due to covid protocol) . Greg (now AKA Miss G) does not look very impressed.
IMG_6348.JPG
Second photo - Miss G was probably even less impressed, but hard to tell. Was trying to see if there were any eggs causing the problem (nope) and the condition of her skeleton (very good).
IMG_6349.JPG

Hopefully her appetite and weight will improve after she's finished with her deworming regimen. (another 2-3 weeks)

·
Premium Member
15,678 Posts
First photo the Vet sent me from the exam room (because I'm waiting in the car due to covid protocol) . Greg (now AKA Miss G) does not look very impressed.

A photo with an expression only a female could produce, at least when a bit annoyed or unsettled I must say!!! It says everything!!!

We have quite a proliferation of wall lizards on our property, but our rather drab In color by comparison to your Miss G. I cannot say I have ever seen them with anything other than a lizard face. I presume they are happy as long as they can get some sun and bask in the heat. But man can they ever travel fast over the gravel driveway or straight up or down the trees. They seem to love our Gary Oaks the small cracks in our concrete foundations and pathways.

They have a habit of breaking off their tails if they are captured, which keep wriggling to distract the predators. Sort of gross... but happy little creatures it seems. The smallest are just over an inch long, the largest maybe 8 or 9 inches long. Completely Wild. Some say they were imported and released in the area several years ago, but I question that, as I recall seeing the same type of lizards many years before the so called Zoo that apparently said who released them was even in existence.

I suspect with that expression she might be looking for a mate... 😉

- Patrick
=======

·
Canadian By Choice
117,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130,131 ·
Morning all. A quiet sunny morning, so some TGIF coffee is slowly brewing. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
10,107 Posts
Morning all. A quiet sunny morning, so some TGIF coffee is slowly brewing. Enjoy.
Morning Marc, I’ll have a BT please while it’s relatively tolerable here....we will probably be in the 40s with the dex today.......yesterday was brutal.

·
}<-('o')-
9,862 Posts
A photo with an expression only a female could produce, at least when a bit annoyed or unsettled I must say!!! It says everything!!!

We have quite a proliferation of wall lizards on our property, but our rather drab In color by comparison to your Miss G. I cannot say I have ever seen them with anything other than a lizard face. I presume they are happy as long as they can get some sun and bask in the heat. But man can they ever travel fast over the gravel driveway or straight up or down the trees. They seem to love our Gary Oaks the small cracks in our concrete foundations and pathways.

They have a habit of breaking off their tails if they are captured, which keep wriggling to distract the predators. Sort of gross... but happy little creatures it seems. The smallest are just over an inch long, the largest maybe 8 or 9 inches long. Completely Wild. Some say they were imported and released in the area several years ago, but I question that, as I recall seeing the same type of lizards many years before the so called Zoo that apparently said who released them was even in existence.

I suspect with that expression she might be looking for a mate... 😉

- Patrick
=======
Yeah, if looks could kill, she'd be facing a murder charge!

These little leopard geckos have been domesticated for 50+ years, and now all bred domestically for the pet market, but they are native to the Iran/Afghanistan/Pakistan region of the world.

We used to commonly have green and brown anole lizards running around the yard (occasionally the house) in Houston.

I'm guessing you have European Wall Lizards around there.

Attachments

·
}<-('o')-
9,862 Posts
My favourite lizard story from Houston....
Whenever I would notice that one of the little anoles had come into the house, I would try to capture it and return it to the outside ASAP. This was a rescue effort because the A/C would soon cause them to go into a state of torpor and over enough time, it would be fatal for them.

When I captured one little (about 3" long) home invader, he had the (rare) audacity to bite me! This was about as traumatic for me as being bitten by an old, weak, clothes-pin. But this little dude was very serious about and committed to his attack.

Even after I carried him, still clamped to the side of my finger, outside into the warm sunshine and knelt down so he had an easy escape into the greenery....He continued his all-on assault! To make sure I was truly dead, he gave me a savage shake back and forth. Unfortunately for him, I had a decided weight advantage, and he only ended up whipping himself back and forth on my hand. He'd stop for a second and look up at me to see if I was dead yet. If not, he'd continue to ignore his escape option, recommit to his attack and give me another sound thrashing. I think because I burst out in laughter, he thought that I must be emitting my dying wails, so he gave me (himself) one more vicious whipping for good measure before he finally took off, probably quite satisfied that he had won.

Thankfully, he didn't feel the need to eat what he killed, or that would have been a much longer battle.

·
Premium Member
10,107 Posts
My favourite lizard story from Houston....
Whenever I would notice that one of the little anoles had come into the house, I would try to capture it and return it to the outside ASAP. This was a rescue effort because the A/C would soon cause them to go into a state of torpor and over enough time, it would be fatal for them.

When I captured one little (about 3" long) home invader, he had the (rare) audacity to bite me! This was about as traumatic for me as being bitten by an old, weak, clothes-pin. But this little dude was very serious about and committed to his attack.

Even after I carried him, still clamped to the side of my finger, outside into the warm sunshine and knelt down so he had an easy escape into the greenery....He continued his all-on assault! To make sure I was truly dead, he gave me a savage shake back and forth. Unfortunately for him, I had a decided weight advantage, and he only ended up whipping himself back and forth on my hand. He'd stop for a second and look up at me to see if I was dead yet. If not, he'd continue to ignore his escape option, recommit to his attack and give me another sound thrashing. I think because I burst out in laughter, he thought that I must be emitting my dying wails, so he gave me (himself) one more vicious whipping for good measure before he finally took off, probably quite satisfied that he had won.

Thankfully, he didn't feel the need to eat what he killed, or that would have been a much longer battle.
Kim, some rhubarb recipes...number 3 looks I teresting

·
Premium Member
15,678 Posts
I'm guessing you have European Wall Lizards around there.

That certainly does look familiar.
Or maybe even the Northwestern Alligator Lizard:

They sure can move fast, either over land or up or down trees, or walls. They love the neighbours stone walls, probably for the heat they retain and the protection crevices they provide.

I am told they are a sign of having a good well-balanced ecosystem in place.

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
10,107 Posts
That certainly does look familiar.

They sure can move fast, either over land or up or down trees, or walls. They love the neighbours stone walls, probably for the heat they retain and the protection crevices they provide.

I am told they are a sign of having a good well-balanced ecosystem in place.

- Patrick
=======
I guess it’s a place for everything and everything in its place......

Reactions: Dr.G.

·
Premium Member
1,435 Posts
Howdy all. A mild day here with a bit of cloud, but since we're scheduled to get back up to +30 in the next few days, my fans and my electric bill aren't complaining. Coffee and protein shake are almost finished, and the two workers chatting loudly right outside my window have been pleasantly serenaded with the latest Rise Against album.

Happy Friday!

·
Canadian By Choice
117,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130,140 ·
Morning Marc, I’ll have a BT please while it’s relatively tolerable here....we will probably be in the 40s with the dex today.......yesterday was brutal.
Yikes. Was out in the garden all day now that the temps were a mild 20C and very breezy.

130121 - 130140 of 130244 Posts