Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

130101 - 130120 of 130244 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
117,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130,101 ·
Yesterday we said farewell to the Bluenose II as she took off for the 2021 Sail Past Summer season. First stop, North Sydney!

This year we’re celebrating the 100th anniversary of this iconic ship, an emblem of Nova Scotia.

Reactions: KC4 and talonracer

·
Premium Member
15,678 Posts
A wild morning with thunder storms and lightening at 5AM. Our poor dogs. All is quiet now and I shall get some coffee brewing.

Hmmm...???
I didn't know that doxies enjoyed coffee but I guess after an experience like that they could do with a good jolt. 😉

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
15,678 Posts
Yesterday we said farewell to the Bluenose II as she took off for the 2021 Sail Past Summer season.

Did they actually get all her steering and everything working and more or less back to normal???

I won't dare ask what the final actual bill might have been. Incompetence can be expensive and costs money!!!
Add some government assistance to the package and the costs double or triple. 😒

PS: Nice photo.

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
10,107 Posts
Did they actually get all her steering and everything working and more or less back to normal???

I won't dare ask what the final actual bill might have been. Incompetence can be expensive and costs money!!!

- Patrick
=======
Of course it will be Patrick....it’s on the government dime.......

·
Canadian By Choice
117,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130,105 ·

- Patrick
=======
Everything is fine with the Bluenose II now, Patrick. I think the Govt. of NS took this picture.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130,106 ·
Hmmm...???
I didn't know that doxies enjoyed coffee but I guess after an experience like that they could do with a good jolt. 😉

- Patrick
=======
No coffee for the doxies, but I had to stay up with them from about 5AM onwards to calm them down.

·
Premium Member
15,678 Posts
No coffee for the doxies, but I had to stay up with them from about 5AM onwards to calm them down.

Hmmm...??? I was just making a joke from your post Marc, but maybe I shall have to make my wink emoji a bit larger next time... 😉

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
15,678 Posts
Of course it will be Patrick....it’s on the government dime.......

Of course... 😉
The trouble with that logic is they forget that it is actually OUR dime that they seem to enjoy spending so much. 😉

But it's good to know that they probably got everything under control, control, control... under, under control...

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
10,107 Posts
Of course... 😉
The trouble with that logic is they forget that it is actually OUR dime that they seem to enjoy spending so much. 😉

But it's good to know that they probably got everything under control, control, control... under, under control...

- Patrick
=======
........a missed attempt at humour ........what’s on the back of a dime....the Bluenose.......

·
Canadian By Choice
117,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130,111 ·
Up early getting ready to watch the solar eclipse. Coffee is brewing . Later .............

·
Canadian By Choice
117,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130,112 ·
Someone we know took this picture in central NS. No clouds here so I used a pin hole contraption to view.

·
Premium Member
10,107 Posts
Someone we know took this picture in central NS. No clouds here so I used a pin hole contraption to view. View attachment 93948
Someone we know took this picture in central NS. No clouds here so I used a pin hole contraption to view. View attachment 93948
Cool picture Marc. Probably the only thing that will be cool here today...was up at 7a.m. As a dump truck’s tailgate clanged quite loudly after dumping its load next door....and it was already very hot....we will hit 90f again today dex wise.

Will be busy this week as I’m making a few “song learning” videos for the uke group I belong to. Tough part is trying to capture the groups music interests...but that will come when they comment on songs they would like to learn.

I’m trying to centralise all my music stuff between my two iPads, my Mac Mini and my Mac Air...that will teach me to have so many resources...might actually breakdown and use iCloud.

Will do BBQ chicken tonight...that with an apple flavoured slaw......

Reactions: KC4

·
}<-('o')-
9,862 Posts
was wondering if phyllo pastry would be fun with this…
I bet - I don't use phyllo pastry very much, but I should.
I have used packaged phyllo to cheat with a family strudel recipe. It's almost as good as making the paper thin dough from scratch, and it's about 1/10 of the work and mess.

·
Premium Member
10,107 Posts
I bet - I don't use phyllo pastry very much, but I should.
I have used packaged phyllo to cheat with a family strudel recipe. It's almost as good as making the paper thin dough from scratch, and it's about 1/10 of the work and mess.
You had me at 1/10th of the work and mess.........

·
}<-('o')-
9,862 Posts
A neighbor gave us some rhubarb for Deborah's world famous rhubarb crumble, but it is way too hot just now to turn on the oven
A rhubarb green grape pie materialized in my household last night - I bet it won't be long until it disappears!

·
Premium Member
10,107 Posts
A rhubarb green grape pie materialized in my household last night - I bet it won't be long until it disappears!
I wonder how a rhubarb salsa would taste on my BBQ chicken????

Would have to tinker with this....I think I’d like it more compote like.

Reactions: Dr.G.

·
}<-('o')-
9,862 Posts
I have an important
I wonder how a rhubarb salsa would taste on my BBQ chicken????

Would have to tinker with this....I think I’d like it more compote like.
OOh - I bet it would be delicious! Thanks for the new idea of what to do with the abundance of Rhubarb I have. I have a big healthy rhubarb plant and it's a prolific producer. It's in the front flower garden and also makes a striking feature plant with its large leaves.

130101 - 130120 of 130244 Posts