Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

129581 - 129600 of 129811 Posts

·
peek-a-boo
16,511 Posts
One of my favorite far sides of all time. I used to have this in a post card of sorts in the late 80s I think, and couldn’t find it. Timely, but without comment ;)

Reactions: Dr.G. and KC4

·
Canadian By Choice
117,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129,582 ·
Good Morning Shang,
Another warmish and mostly sunny day here in Calgary.

It's hard not to get too ambitious in the yard/garden yet....Most everything is coming up and greening and the garden beds clear and warming up. BUT! But...we have learned time and time again that there is still a real chance of a hard frost or even freeze...and that would wipe out any seedlings/bedding plants and new growth...plus, the good bugs need the leaf litter to be undisturbed a bit longer. I am an organic gardener and the good bugs are part of my gardening team.

So patience is key.....(sigh).

I attended an online hummingbird seminar a few days ago - I'm going to try to set up to attract them to my yard ...I will have a lot of flowers to offer but I also but I have a few handicaps.... I don't live within a mile of a natural water source and I have two Magpie families that frequent my yard. Hummers usually scout locations within a mile of natural water sources and magpies are a predator to them.
Yes, Kim, patience is a virtue when it comes to springtime gardening.
How are Kacey and her boyfriend feeling?

·
Premium Member
9,967 Posts
Morning all...up early so I’ll put the coffee on...I have some Maple-Rum Crepes as well...takers?

Reactions: KC4

·
Canadian By Choice
117,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129,585 ·
Morning all...up early so I’ll put the coffee on...I have some Maple-Rum Crepes as well...takers?
Morning, Rp. Thanks for the coffee AND the crepes. Yum.

·
Premium Member
9,967 Posts
Morning, Rp. Thanks for the coffee AND the crepes. Yum.
Rainy and dull here today. Hoping for some clearer weather as I’ve got to get the snows off the Volt, and actually put some fresh gas in it.......

·
}<-('o')-
9,812 Posts
Yes, Kim, patience is a virtue when it comes to springtime gardening.
How are Kacey and her boyfriend feeling?
Good Morning!

Kacey and her BF are feeling much better, thanks. Kacey seems to have fully recovered, and is already out of quarantine, but the BF has a few more days to go because he suffered greater and longer. The quarantine period continues while symptoms are still present.

·
}<-('o')-
9,812 Posts
Oh, yeah, stack 'em up please!

I made Coffee-Crisp (Yes, the chocolate bar) coffee this morning. Anyone else want a crispy coffee this morning?

·
Premium Member
9,967 Posts
Good Morning!

Kacey and her BF are feeling much better, thanks. Kacey seems to have fully recovered, and is already out of quarantine, but the BF has a few more days to go because he suffered greater and longer. The quarantine period continues while symptoms are still present.
Good news!

Reactions: Dr.G.

·
Premium Member
9,967 Posts
Oh, yeah, stack 'em up please!

I made Coffee-Crisp (Yes, the chocolate bar) coffee this morning. Anyone else want a crispy coffee this morning?
I’ll take a large please Kim...

Reactions: Dr.G.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129,591 ·
Rainy and dull here today. Hoping for some clearer weather as I’ve got to get the snows off the Volt, and actually put some fresh gas in it.......
Sunny and 14C here as we near noon. I MUST mow the lawn today.

·
Premium Member
9,967 Posts
Sunny and 14C here as we near noon. I MUST mow the lawn today.
I have that job as well. I’ve also been fighting a losing battle with dandelions

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
I have that job as well. I’ve also been fighting a losing battle with dandelions

Just use the Dandelion flowers for making wine and use the green leaves In your salads.

Then when you want more, they will all be gone of course.

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
9,967 Posts
Just use the Dandelion flowers for making wine and use the green leaves In your salads.

Then when you want more, they will all be gone of course.

- Patrick
=======
With all the weed killer used on our block I wouldn’t trust the blooms...

·
}<-('o')-
9,812 Posts
With all the weed killer used on our block I wouldn’t trust the blooms...
That's a legit concern. I'm a strong advocate of natural/organic gardening and do my best to encourage /teach (without being annoying) my neighbours to consider doing the same. It's best for all concerned, including the humans.

There are enough neighbours onto the organic/natural plan that I will confidently feed my pets fresh dandelion greens grown in my and even their yards. The dandelion greens have a high nutrient and antioxidant value. The spring greens are also less bitter than the ones grown in late summer.

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
It seems that they have a fair number of varieties:

COFFEE CRISP Macchiato

INESCAFÉ COFFEE CRISP Beverage Mix

I thought maybe you just dropped a coffee crisp chocolate bar into one's coffee. That should be pretty yummy as well, but maybe a bit too rich. 😉

- Patrick
=======

·
}<-('o')-
9,812 Posts
It seems that they have a fair number of varieties:

COFFEE CRISP Macchiato

INESCAFÉ COFFEE CRISP Beverage Mix

I thought maybe you just dropped a coffee crisp chocolate bar into one's coffee. That should be pretty yummy as well, but maybe a bit too rich. 😉

- Patrick
=======
Hah! Those look good, but too fancy for me. I simply stir a spoonful of Nescafe's Coffee Crisp Hot Chocolate mix into a cup of black coffee. Works great, probably cheaper too.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129,600 ·
I let the dandelions grow for the bees. I mow them when there are plenty of flowers in my garden.

Reactions: KC4
129581 - 129600 of 129811 Posts