Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

129201 - 129220 of 129367 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,859 Posts
Nope, if Im going to the boonies, its the west coast. Somewhere on the island where it's cheaper and NOT Vancouver
Not sure there is anything left cheaper,,
three-hundred and seventy-two properties changed hands in the Kamloops area last month, selling for an average of $545,915 — up more than $120,000 from the $422,673 average in March 2020.

The average price for a single-family home in the Kamloops area was $686,216 last month, up almost 40 per cent from March 2020.
maybe Stewart BC

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
Kamloops? Eesh no, the island! 😎

David those average house prices are maybe a down payment on my street.

So its all relative.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #129,203
@ Groovetube

Can I afford a cup of coffee Marc? I can pay you next Tuesday.
Rp is dealing with the coffee today, Bill, but you may have it on the house .......... for today. :)

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
Sorry about your head Tim....I dunno if it's true, but I've read more than one opinion that the harder the vaccine impacts you, the more benefit (i.e. stronger immune response) you will receive.
thanks, well its a little better today, just a little tired and a tad off. I haven't reached for the Tylenol today. I have heard a number of reports of headaches with the AZ, as well as the others, I guess everyone's immune systems react differently and Im just grateful to have been able to grab one. I just need one for my wife who turns 50 this years. She had the shingrix last week and had a bad reaction as well, so we're quite the pair.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #129,205
thanks, well its a little better today, just a little tired and a tad off. I haven't reached for the Tylenol today. I have heard a number of reports of headaches with the AZ, as well as the others, I guess everyone's immune systems react differently and Im just grateful to have been able to grab one. I just need one for my wife who turns 50 this years. She had the shingrix last week and had a bad reaction as well, so we're quite the pair.
Good to hear, Tim. Bonne chance, mon ami. Paix.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #129,206
Sad, but all too true, at least for me. :(

Reactions: Rps

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #129,207
Morning all. Coffee is brewing. My area of Lunenburg will be without power from 10AM to 3PM in order for NS Power to install a new transmission line. So, speak with you all this afternoon. Paix, mes amis.

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Morning all...had a hot day yesterday as we hit 27c here.....are expecting it again today...but.....as usually, also rain and thunderstorms later today.

I’ve been working on some Stompin Tom songs....Sudbury Saturday Night, Margo’s Cargo, Bud The Spud.....these 3 chord wonders are fun to play....especially if you like foot stomping......with Stompin Tom you always get board.......

Reactions: Dr.G.

·
}<-('o')-
9,766 Posts
Morning all...had a hot day yesterday as we hit 27c here.....are expecting it again today...but.....as usually, also rain and thunderstorms later today.

I’ve been working on some Stompin Tom songs....Sudbury Saturday Night, Margo’s Cargo, Bud The Spud.....these 3 chord wonders are fun to play....especially if you like foot stomping......with Stompin Tom you always get board.......
Heee hee. Good morning! I imagine that Stompin Tom songs would be fun to play. Bud the Spud! Hah! ( I have a pet fish that I call Spud because she's shaped like a potato with fins)

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Heee hee. Good morning! I imagine that Stompin Tom songs would be fun to play. Bud the Spud! Hah! ( I have a pet fish that I call Spud because she's shaped like a potato with fins)
Morning Kim....Stompin Tom’s Songs are usually 3 chorders I think mostly C, F, G....and occasional G7. Great bar songs if I ever get to play in one again.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #129,211
Evening all. Back again. Took a day trip in our car during the scheduled blackout. A grand day with temps as high as 18C in full sunshine.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #129,212

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #129,213

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Hi Kim, a question if I may....and for you too Frank if you are reading this. I have been researching career paths for my grandson....I found that there is a university in Edmonton called MacEwan...never heard of it but seems legit......I was thinking the Bachelor of Science Psychiatric Nursing seems interesting and a career with a future....but I’m not sure of MacEwan....ever heard of it and thoughts on it if you have. I’ve also been looking into Arhabasca, U Sask, St Thomas, St FX and of course Mun . Tried to get him interested in land survey as well.

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
I’m scheduled for the vaccine on April 24. Not sure which one. Sorry to hear about the headache, Tim.
Hi Frank, a question if I may....and for you too Kim if you are reading this. I have been researching career paths for my grandson....I found that there is a university in Edmonton called MacEwan...never heard of it but seems legit......I was thinking the Bachelor of Science Psychiatric Nursing seems interesting and a career with a future....but I’m not sure of MacEwan....ever heard of it and thoughts on it if you have. I’ve also been looking into Arhabasca, U Sask, St Thomas, St FX and of course Mun . Tried to get him interested in land survey as well.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #129,216
Hi Kim, a question if I may....and for you too Frank if you are reading this. I have been researching career paths for my grandson....I found that there is a university in Edmonton called MacEwan...never heard of it but seems legit......I was thinking the Bachelor of Science Psychiatric Nursing seems interesting and a career with a future....but I’m not sure of MacEwan....ever heard of it and thoughts on it if you have. I’ve also been looking into Arhabasca, U Sask, St Thomas, St FX and of course Mun . Tried to get him interested in land survey as well.
My wife went to the U of A and said that MacEwan used to be a community college but it is now a degree granting university and is reputable .

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
My wife went to the U of A and said that MacEwan used to be a community college but it is now a degree granting university and is reputable .
Thanx Marc. I see his issue as he doesn’t have much life experience. He lives in a hamlet near Ottawa, so work experiences were nonexistent...and he hasn’t found an interest. So I have been suggesting he look into certain areas of study. Now he might go back for a 5th year of high school...S.T.E.M. courses are my suggestion...but I also am suggesting he take a university level course...just one...to see how he would adjust to the academic rigor.

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
Hi Frank, a question if I may....and for you too Kim if you are reading this. I have been researching career paths for my grandson....I found that there is a university in Edmonton called MacEwan...never heard of it but seems legit......I was thinking the Bachelor of Science Psychiatric Nursing seems interesting and a career with a future....but I’m not sure of MacEwan....ever heard of it and thoughts on it if you have. I’ve also been looking into Arhabasca, U Sask, St Thomas, St FX and of course Mun . Tried to get him interested in land survey as well.
Grant MacEwan is a great university and preferred by many over the huge UofA campus. It’s located in the Northern part of downtown Edmonton, at least the main campus is. I would check out what programs they have to offer, but definitely a respectable institution.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #129,219
Morning all. A nice sunrise is forming and the skies are clear. So, enjoy the freshly brewed coffee.

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Morning all. A nice sunrise is forming and the skies are clear. So, enjoy the freshly brewed coffee.
Morning Marc, will be warm again today...we hit 27c here yesterday and will likely hit it today....had a brief rain storm.....but the wa-wa will come tonight.

Will try to sneak a BBQ in before the rain hits later this evening. I was thinking of asking my grandson to look into taking a university level Linguistics course as a prep for his final decision.....my thoughts are an unusual subject would test his ability.

Unlike many here in Ontario, if I were the Minister of Education I would bring back “Grade 13” and make it entry level University courses...that way the kids can prepare for the rigours of university or college and give the parents a financial break.....there are many U level courses they could take.

129201 - 129220 of 129367 Posts