Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

129181 - 129200 of 129367 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #129,181
AstraZeneca. Pretty horrible headache. It's somewhat better at the moment. I suppose if it gets a whole lot worse over 4 days they say to see a doctor. I'll see I guess. But I did read headaches happen afterwards.
Yes, we have a neighbor who received the AZ vaccine and went through similar after effects. I shall be getting either the Pfizer or Moderna Covid-19 vaccines on the 16th of April. Bonne chance, mon ami.

·
Premium Member
30,857 Posts
Is there a Dr G ( Dr Suess 2021 ) illustrated book series coming... the Uke in Shed ....:coffee:

·
Premium Member
15,514 Posts
Let's try this without enhanced dictation

Is this any better
Yes, we have a neighbor who received the AZ vaccine and went through similar after effects. I shall be getting either the Pfizer or Moderna Covid-19 vaccines on the 16th of April. Bonne chance, mon ami.

Of all those I know who have received their covid inoculation, including myself and my wife, received either the Pfizer or Moderna variety and had very little reaction. We actually received the Pfizer brand.

Even if there are some slight ill-effects, they will be a lot milder than any part of the damn covid infection would have been…!!!

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
I’m scheduled for the vaccine on April 24. Not sure which one. Sorry to hear about the headache, Tim.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #129,185
Is there a Dr G ( Dr Suess 2021 ) illustrated book series coming... the Uke in Shed ....:coffee:
Good one, David. I don't like green eggs and ham, but I do like uke music.

How is Life these days down under? Where exactly are you located? Paix, mon ami.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #129,186
Let's try this without enhanced dictation

Is this any better

Of all those I know who have received their covid inoculation, including myself and my wife, received either the Pfizer or Moderna variety and had very little reaction. We actually received the Pfizer brand.

Even if there are some slight ill-effects, they will be a lot milder than any part of the damn covid infection would have been…!!!

- Patrick
=======
Valid points, Patrick. Paix, mon ami.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #129,187
I’m scheduled for the vaccine on April 24. Not sure which one. Sorry to hear about the headache, Tim.
Good to hear, Frank. Bonne chance, mon ami.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #129,188
Up early for a scheduled doctor's appointment in Halifax, which is an hour drive from here. A bit early for coffee, but Rp has done a great job with morning coffee.

·
Premium Member
30,857 Posts
How is Life these days down under? Where exactly are you located? Paix, mon ami.
Cairns Far North Queensland ...wet tropics east coast next to Great Barrier Reef.

Life high light for me spending a night camping on the reef with my daughter 40 km off shore. Very cool to have big wild turtle cruising with me.
Magellenic Clouds were glorious and a Halley's Comet meteor shower was kicking out fireballs at a satisfying clip. ( that was a totally unexpected piece of luck )
They put swags to sleep in where those people are sunbathing. The boat leaves, the geneator is shut down and there are no manmade sounds - just wind and waves and a glorious sky ...and 40 km offshore there is no light loom.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #129,190
Cairns Far North Queensland ...wet tropics east coast next to Great Barrier Reef.
View attachment 93817
Life high light for me spending a night camping on the reef with my daughter 40 km off shore. Very cool to have big wild turtle cruising with me.
Magellenic Clouds were glorious and a Halley's Comet meteor shower was kicking out fireballs at a satisfying clip. ( that was a totally unexpected piece of luck )
They put swags to sleep in where those people are sunbathing. The boat leaves, the geneator is shut down and there are no manmade sounds - just wind and waves and a glorious sky ...and 40 km offshore there is no light loom.
View attachment 93818
Looks like you have found you peaceful spot at long last. Paix, mon ami.

·
Premium Member
30,857 Posts
Looks like you have found you peaceful spot at long last. Paix, mon ami.
Been here for 10 years up to 6 months at a go but looking more permanent now. Certainly happy to be out of the GTA both for traffic and Covid disaster.

Reactions: Dr.G.

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Morning all....up early today. Warm and grey today. Hoping Tim is feeling better...coffee anyone?

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
Little achy and maybe a slight low grade headache but not like yesterday. I’ll take that over yesterday.

just looking at the real estate market in my area. Insane. I knew things would go up when we bought the place in 2009 like the place I bought in 1999, but didn’t predict tripling.

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Little achy and maybe a slight low grade headache but not like yesterday. I’ll take that over yesterday.

just looking at the real estate market in my area. Insane. I knew things would go up when we bought the place in 2009 like the place I bought in 1999, but didn’t predict tripling.
Ahhhhhh yes, the conundrum......if you sell where do you go because your purchase price will have tripled as well.....been there a few times....

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
Ahhhhhh yes, the conundrum......if you sell where do you go because your purchase price will have tripled as well.....been there a few times....
yes. At this point, I wouldn't consider moving up. We have a detach downtown already, I would consider either moving further out, or out on an island on the "left coast" at this point.

·
Registered
548 Posts
yes. At this point, I wouldn't consider moving up. We have a detach downtown already, I would consider either moving further out, or out on an island on the "left coast" at this point.
@ Groovetube
I suspect you are living in the highest price place in Canada. An interesting place to visit, But I'm glad I left when I did.
I think you might find some almost reasonable property along the Ottawa River - north of Pembrooke, or North Bay even.
In our area here (formally farmland) we are getting subdivisions of $700K to $1M houses stacked side by side.
Move to the country and enjoy the view of your neighbours kitchen!

Can I afford a cup of coffee Marc? I can pay you next Tuesday.

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
@ Groovetube
I suspect you are living in the highest price place in Canada. An interesting place to visit, But I'm glad I left when I did.
I think you might find some almost reasonable property along the Ottawa River - north of Pembrooke, or North Bay even.
In our area here (formally farmland) we are getting subdivisions of $700K to $1M houses stacked side by side.
Move to the country and enjoy the view of your neighbours kitchen!

Can I afford a cup of coffee Marc? I can pay you next Tuesday.
Well there is always Windsor-Essex. Bill I lived in Renfrew and Ottawa..didn’t like the winter there.

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Morning smile.....

A981FF80-4E75-448E-8E20-E5FABD193C2D.jpeg

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
Nope, if Im going to the boonies, its the west coast. Somewhere on the island where it's cheaper and NOT Vancouver :)

·
}<-('o')-
9,766 Posts
really bad headaches today after the jab. Not feeling well. Guess Im one of those who feel it more I guess. Hoping it subsides soon. Ouch.
Sorry about your head Tim....I dunno if it's true, but I've read more than one opinion that the harder the vaccine impacts you, the more benefit (i.e. stronger immune response) you will receive.

129181 - 129200 of 129367 Posts