Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

129161 - 129180 of 129367 Posts

·
}<-('o')-
9,766 Posts
Yes ..got into semi-serious photography after losing shot after shot to decent but non-manual point and shoot.
Picked up light but capable MFT ( micro four thirds gear ) so I can travel on the motorcycle with it. Pulled over took a couple of shots.
Down Under on a KLR 650 ...second season | Page 19 | GTAMotorcycle.com

20110728-72510.jpg

The Gx1 on the right has a longer reach than the full sized camera on the left and the weight is tiny - under 2 lb yet with 350 mm reach. I suspect there is a thread here on the MFT gear.
Lots of semi-curated shots here Hilight Album
Nice lookin' shots and gear there David.

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
By place do you mean The Shang, or ehMacLand???? The Shang welcomes all who like friendship, dogs/cats, humor and of course uke music. As for the political threads in ehMacLand, I stay away from them.
I mean ehMacLand in general. The Shang is like an oasis in the middle of a desert. I like discussing on some of the more controversial threads, but they’ve really died out. There’s a place called the Straight Dope that is pretty good for variety I’ve found.

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
The positions are there, especially for someone experienced with online delivery. I apply for literacy educations courses, as well as certain history and political science courses (this was my undergrad major and minor in university), and I have submitted applications to teach in every province. However, these days most universities require you to fill our a personal survey for "affirmative action". I believe in affirmative action, but I am on the short end of the stick when it comes to being hired. I have to say if I am a female, a person of color, an indigenous person, a person with a disability, gay or transgender ............... everything but my age is being asked since this is against the law. So, I can only hope that I am qualified enough for some university to overlook that I am a white male. Such is Life.
Strange that all those rather personal questions are okay but asking your age is illegal.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #129,164
Yes ..got into semi-serious photography after losing shot after shot to decent but non-manual point and shoot.
Picked up light but capable MFT ( micro four thirds gear ) so I can travel on the motorcycle with it. Pulled over took a couple of shots.

20110728-72510.jpg

The Gx1 on the right has a longer reach than the full sized camera on the left and the weight is tiny - under 2 lb yet with 350 mm reach. I suspect there is a thread here on the MFT gear.
Lots of semi-curated shots here Hilight Album
Fantastic pics, David. National Georgraphic quality.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #129,165
I mean ehMacLand in general. The Shang is like an oasis in the middle of a desert. I like discussing on some of the more controversial threads, but they’ve really died out. There’s a place called the Straight Dope that is pretty good for variety I’ve found.
That was my hope when I started this thread, Frank. Go back to posting #1 to see my intent.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #129,166
Strange that all those rather personal questions are okay but asking your age is illegal.
True, but at the age of 72, I would not have that on my side if they could ask for one's age. Interesting, but the one thing that I have been told that impresses many are my results on the non-scientific ratemyprofessors.com site ratings, done by my students over the many years I have been a teleprofessor. http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=61927

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
True, but at the age of 72, I would not have that on my side if they could ask for one's age. Interesting, but the one thing that I have been told that impresses many are my results on the non-scientific ratemyprofessors.com site ratings, done by my students over the many years I have been a teleprofessor. http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=61927
Well there’s an endorsement for social media!

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #129,168
Well there’s an endorsement for social media!
Frank, I find the positive and negative comments by my students to be educational for me. When patterns emerge making suggestions for changes or things to maintain, I do make adjustments to these courses.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #129,169
Morning all. Up to the sounds of song birds in the trees. So, coffee is now brewing . Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Morning all. Up to the sounds of song birds in the trees. So, coffee is now brewing . Enjoy.
I’ll have a BT please Marc. Sunny here as well. Was watching the Mets last night, and De Gromm did something no Met player has ever done before and may never do going forward...any ideas what it was?

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #129,171
I’ll have a BT please Marc. Sunny here as well. Was watching the Mets last night, and De Gromm did something no Met player has ever done before and may never do going forward...any ideas what it was?
Coffee coming right up. Care for some noisy crow blueberry scones? DeGromm threw the fastest pitch of the 2021 season thus far (102 mph ) and had an average velocity per pitch of 97.3 MPH!

Reactions: KC4

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Coffee coming right up. Care for some noisy crow blueberry scones? DeGromm threw the fastest pitch of the 2021 season thus far (102 mph ) and had an average velocity per pitch of 97.3 MPH! View attachment 93812
Would love some scones Marc.... Actually De Gromm’s feat was he was the first, and probably only if the DH hits the NL next year, to supply the first hit in a game of an opening day game by a Met Pitcher.

Reactions: Dr.G.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #129,173
Would love some scones Marc.... Actually De Gromm’s feat was he was the first, and probably only if the DH hits the NL next year, to supply the first hit in a game of an opening day game by a Met Pitcher.
Did not know this, Rp. I recall when Madison Bumgarner was used by the Giants as a pinch hitter, and Don Newcomb was used by the old Brooklyn Dodgers was put in the clean up spot when Duke Snider was injured.

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
really bad headaches today after the jab. Not feeling well. Guess Im one of those who feel it more I guess. Hoping it subsides soon. Ouch.

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
really bad headaches today after the jab. Not feeling well. Guess Im one of those who feel it more I guess. Hoping it subsides soon. Ouch.
If it continues Tim and it moves from a headache to a new dimension in head pain..a no ordinary head ache, call your doctor.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #129,176
Sorry to hear this , Tim. Which shot did you receive?

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #129,177
Listen to Tom, Dick and Harry Jinglestars (triplet brothers) play Rp's Opus #4 for a uke trio.

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
Sorry to hear this , Tim. Which shot did you receive?
AstraZeneca. Pretty horrible headache. It's somewhat better at the moment. I suppose if it gets a whole lot worse over 4 days they say to see a doctor. I'll see I guess. But I did read headaches happen afterwards.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #129,180
Kindling?
What??? These ukes are the most valued ukes in the world. While only about 650 original Stradivari instruments (harps, guitars, violas, cellos, violins) survive, the last three instruments that Antonio Stradivari crafted before his death in 1737 were these three ukes. They were to be buried with him in the Church of San Domenico. However, his second wife, Antonia Maria Zambelli , wisely kept them. They were handed down from generation to generation of dedicated uke players, until they came into the possession of Tom, Dick and Harry Jinglestars, as a gift from Pope John Paul II (born Karol Józef Wojtyła Jinglestars).

Reactions: Rps
129161 - 129180 of 129367 Posts