ehMac banner

128381 - 128400 of 128632 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,634 Posts
The one veggie that dogs should not be given is corn. Sadly, many of the dry dog foods have corn as their #1 product. :(
I’ve never given a dog corn ...but yes, if you read labels there is all sorts of it in some food.

Reactions: Dr.G.

·
Premium Member
9,634 Posts
I started reading a physics book about anti-gravity. It is so well written and interesting that I can't put it down. :)
Certainly a force to be wreck-conned with.

·
Premium Member
15,407 Posts
The one veggie that dogs should not be given is corn. Sadly, many of the dry dog foods have corn as their #1 product. :(

Interesting Marc, and I was just about to say that I seem to recall corn as being labelled as a pretty major ingredient in most dry dog and maybe some cat foods.

What's the nastiness in corn that dogs should avoid I wonder??? Or does it ferment in their stomach and partially turn into bourbon?? 😉

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
15,407 Posts
Hi Patrick, dogs can eat broccoli....but in small amounts...too much will affect their gastric system. They can also eat carrots.

Good to know about broccoli, but I do know a few dogs that just seem to love eating carrots.

- Patrick
=======

·
Registered
540 Posts
Certainly a force to be wreck-conned with.
Well Marc, I can understand how a learned man (such as yourself) would be attracted to a book with a serious theme, to understand the importance, profundity, and significance of a subject with the weight, the intellectual consequences and magnitude of Gravity.
A heavy subject that pulls your attention to a central point.

What would I ever do without a Thesaurus?

·
Canadian By Choice
116,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #128,387
Well Marc, I can understand how a learned man (such as yourself) would be attracted to a book with a serious theme, to understand the importance, profundity, and significance of a subject with the weight, the intellectual consequences and magnitude of Gravity.

Interesting Marc, and I was just about to say that I seem to recall corn as being labelled as a pretty major ingredient in most dry dog and maybe some cat foods.

What's the nastiness in corn that dogs should avoid I wonder??? Or does it ferment in their stomach and partially turn into bourbon?? 😉

- Patrick
=======
Dogs cannot metabolize corn.

·
Canadian By Choice
116,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #128,388

Now, will someone explain the space-time vortex. ScienceCasts: Space-Time Vortex - Bing video

·
Canadian By Choice
116,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #128,389
Morning all. Woke up to the sound of the wind driving the rain into the side of the house. At least I don't have to go out and shovel rain. Coffee is brewing.

·
Canadian By Choice
116,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #128,390
Had some early morning visitors in my neighbor's back yard.

·
Canadian By Choice
116,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #128,391
Took this picture of Molly and Stella four year ago today as I was grading the postings of my online grad students. Sadly, it has been over a year since I had a course to teach online. Such is Life.

·
peek-a-boo
16,234 Posts
This visitor is about all we would expect downtown, my front camera caught a racoon at 1am :)

Will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law :) maybe.

·
Premium Member
9,634 Posts
Morning Marc, et al.....would love some BT if you have it please. We are heading towards 5c today and for the next day or two. Sunny as well.....taking away much of the snow and ice. Guinness will like this as his “piddle palace” is deep with snow...and he really dislikes it......one of the snow shovelling jobs is clearing out a path for him.

Not sure what to cook for dinner tonight....maybe do chicken again.....it’s usually burger day but I have to watch Tovah’s diet....so .......

·
Premium Member
9,634 Posts
This visitor is about all we would expect downtown, my front camera caught a racoon at 1am :)

Will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law :) maybe. View attachment 93685
Steve, raccoons must be the city’s animal symbol....when my daughter lived in Toronto her place was almost overrun by them...cunning little buggers...do you have to have lockable garbage containers?

·
Canadian By Choice
116,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #128,395
Morn8 g Marc, et al.....would love some BT if you have it please. We are heading towards 5c today and for the next day or two. Sunny as well.....taking away much of the snow and ice. Guinness will like this as his “piddle palace” is deep with snow...and he really dislikes it......one of the snow shovelling jobs is clearing out a path for him.

Not sure what to cook for dinner tonight....maybe do chicken again.....it’s usually burger day but I have to watch Tovah’s diet....so .......
BT coffee coming right up, Rp. +7C with a bit of sun here, but we still have lots of snow. Luckily, there are big parches of grass in our back yard for the doxies to venture into. Molly, born in Finland, loves the snow.

·
Premium Member
9,634 Posts
BT coffee coming right up, Rp. +7C with a bit of sun here, but we still have lots of snow. Luckily, there are big parches of grass in our back yard for the doxies to venture into. Molly, born in Finland, loves the snow.
It’s funny how some dogs love the stuff. MayBelle our mini-poodle loved snow, even though she would sink below the snow line when she went out. Cruzer, the Retriever hated snow....and water.....Guinness will avoid both rain and snow....he likes nice dry and warm weather.

·
Premium Member
15,407 Posts
Not sure what to cook for dinner tonight....maybe do chicken again.....

Have you got or have you tried using an air cooker for any of your cooking???

My wife bought one a month or so ago and I will admit I was a real skeptic about its abilities, but I will swallow crow and some of the meals have been absolutely delicious. French Fried potatoes are just gorgeous, chicken is moist and crispy on the outside, and some fish fillets were just divine.

I have even used it twice to make some beef jerky which turned out quite well.

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
9,634 Posts

My wife bought one a month or so ago and I will admit I was a real skeptic about its abilities, but I will swallow crow and some of the meals have been absolutely delicious. French Fried potatoes are just gorgeous, chicken is moist and crispy on the outside, and some fish fillets were just divine.

- Patrick
=======
Hi Patrick, I’ve been looking at those...they seem interesting...but one can only have so many appliances with my bread maker, slow cooker, coffee maker....they do take up space ...but they do seem quite good.

·
Premium Member
9,634 Posts
Since we are posting dog pictures....here is Guinness and his face mask...
CA31F1E4-1C34-4DC6-8F82-E71ABACFFFC6.jpeg

·
Canadian By Choice
116,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #128,400

- Patrick
=======
I got my wife a COSORI CO130-AO 12-in-1 Air Fryer Toaster Oven Combo Convection Roaster for her birthday. She loves it. We had
Rotisserie chicken last night. GREAT!!!

128381 - 128400 of 128632 Posts