Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
5461 - 5480 of 5761 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
117,671 Posts
True ........... I need a wide size but just for my left foot.

TPBM is left handed.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,671 Posts
False, but I was born to be left-handed, but was switched at the age of 4.

TPBM has real memories from when they were of pre-school age.

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
A few (I think) ..... I started school at age 5, and do remember I had to take a 'knowledge/aptitude test', and pass it, to be able to do so, and some family stuff -- but heh, that was a good while ago, so recalls are likely 'shades of memories' at best.

TPBM took a boy's home economics class in high school (the one I took, in Grade 12, centered mostly on cooking).

·
Palindromic Pooch
10,621 Posts
False, I wanted to take Home Ec. in Grade 8, but they wouldn't let me. Seriously.

The next poster has been a victim of reverse discrimination.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
True; getting a job in academia as a white male is tough (far more than half of the openings when I was looking for a job were funded through programs that specified that the applicant must be a female or visible minority). However, academia is still a closer approximation of a meritocracy than any other field I'm aware of (excepting, perhaps professional sports).

TPBM needs a sabbatical.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,671 Posts
True, but one cannot take a sabbatical and then retire here at Memorial and I just want to teach for one more year and then call it quits after 37 full years.

TPBM has worked for one organization for over 35 years.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,671 Posts
True, and lots of sunshine as well.

TPBM tans easily and does not get a sun burn.

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
True ... tan quite easily .... but False .. do burn, so have to take care in how I tan. But after a rather recent bout with skin cancer ... I'm not so into as much sun exposure as I once used to be.

TPBM has also experienced a form of skin cancer at some time.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,671 Posts
False, since it is hard to garden at night.

TPBM likes to work in the soil/grass/garden with hand tools and nothing electric.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,671 Posts
True ............. won't be too long now.

TPBM loves to eat a tomato right off the vine, just like an apple.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,671 Posts
Very true ............. my sister in law will bring us some Taber corn.

TPBM has tasted Taber corn.

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
False ... (but from a google search, it looks great!!) ... most of our local corn comes from farms up the Fraser River Valley (in and around Chilliwack, et al). At present, there's some US corn in the stores .. it's small, high-priced 'junk', what I would call "pig corn", when compared to what we usually get as locally-grown corn!! (but it's much too early as yet for our sweet local corn)

TPBM has tasted some of the new potato 'nuggets' .. our BC-grown are hitting the stores now .. they're a little pricey at present, but sure good (and I can't say that about most potatoes these days -- I personally miss PEI and NB spuds!!!)

·
Palindromic Pooch
10,621 Posts
False, we are presently far from BC.

The next poster is also far from home right now.

5461 - 5480 of 5761 Posts