Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
macspectrum, sadly the Leafs' AHL team (the St.John's Maple Leafs) also just missed the playoffs, but these Leafs fell when we still had over a meter of snow left on the ground. Still, ALL of the snow is now gone, and there is hope and expectation for next year's "Baby Leafs" team. We shall see.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Dr. G., did i hear/read correctly that St. John's is losing the Calgary farm team?

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
macspectrum, that is correct. Saint John, New Brunswick is losing the Saint John's Flames. However, St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador is still keeping the St.John's Maple Leafs. I think you confused the two cities.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
yes, i stand corrected.
a slip of the shift key and well.. you see the results
my apologies to the citizens of both St. John's, NL & LB, and Saint John, NB

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
macspectrum, no need for "NL & LB", in that the N is for Newfoundland and the L is for Labrador. Initially, Canada Post sent all NL letters to the Netherlands. People are still receiving letters redirected back from the Netherlands to NL.

·
Premium Member
42,883 Posts
Just noting that this 18-year-old thread started by MacSpectrum was placed on my "recommended reading" list by VerticalScope today.

·
Premium Member
10,360 Posts
Just noting that this 18-year-old thread started by MacSpectrum was placed on my "recommended reading" list by VerticalScope today.
Mine as well.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The Maple Laughs never fail to live up to their reputation.

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Thank goodness! It's a sure sign that things are coming back to normal

21 - 29 of 29 Posts