ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
That just about sums it up. My Dad would agree with you. He came to Canada shortly after the Leafs won thier last cup and has yet too see them win the Cup.

·
Canadian By Choice
116,697 Posts
"Sometimes I feel like a motherless child........". :(

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Now if it is to be a Canuckistan
series, there will be sore losers:

"I think Canada has always been such a small appendix to the U.S. that it's not even worthy of weasel status. You are below weasels, which makes you moles, or perhaps shrews."

Richard Johnson, editor of The New York Post's Page Six gossip column, is upset about a Montreal clothing-label's name -- Fidel.

·
Canadian By Choice
116,697 Posts
Macello, the NY Post has gone from a prominant and respected NY paper, originated by Alexander Hamilton, and a paper that always stood for liberal causes in NYC and the US, who hired the likes of Max Lerner and Pete Hamill, and Herblock the political cartoonist (the man who Richard Nixon was quoted as saying he hated more than any other person alive), has become garbage liner (in my opinion). When it was sold, it did a 180 degree turn and went from respect to sleeze.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Montreal clothing-label's name -- Fidel.
French and Cuban in the same sentence...oooooo, scarrrrryyyyyyy !!!!!!

"double-plus boycott"

call out the Republican Guard...., ummm errrrrr, Homeland Defence. :D

Evil Canada trying to subvert America, again.
First Lorne Greene then Peter Jennings then Jim Carey.... when will this madness end?

·
Canadian By Choice
116,697 Posts
macspectrum, I think that the US may be more accepting of the Canadians offer of peace-keeping assistance. Who knows, they might even serve French Fries in the White House one day on Bastille Day? We shall see.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you happened to see Rick Mercer's "Talking to Americans" special on CBC last night, you would realize that Americans would have little clue as what Bastille [pronouced Bass-till] Day represents. Maybe something about fishing?

George Bush, when still campaigning, was asked by Mr. Mercer; "Mr. Bush, the Canadian Prme Minister, Jean Poutine has endorsed your candidacy and looks forward to you leading the world into the 21st century." Mr. Bush proceeded to say that he was please with the prme minister's endorsment and that he knew the prime minister and looks forward to meeting him.

This was during a campaign stop in Michigan, you know the state next door that we conduct trade with to the tune of about 55 billion per year? Both the Governor and Secretary of State (Michigan) also had similar comments about the endorsment of Mr. Bush by Prime Minister Poutine.

I'm going to watch hockey now.

·
Canadian By Choice
116,697 Posts
macspectrum, yes, I have seen this "Talking to Americans" show twice. I know that he has "blown his cover", but I would love for Rick Mercer to do this again soon. However, I wonder if he would get as warm a welcome saying he was from Canada as he did back in 2000. What shocked me the most were the university profs from the top universities being so ignorant of current events pertaining to Canada.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
One of the Guys was an Educated US senator. All the people said Mr. Bla bla is very smart and should know he is well educated.

·
Canadian By Choice
116,697 Posts
.........and on the seal hunt in Sask.!!!!!!!

·
Canadian By Choice
116,697 Posts
Clockwork, I think that they spoke to the governors of Michigan and Arkansas. I don't recall a US Senator being "interviewed".

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Talking to Americans, that has to be the best show ever made, I hope they come out with some more "episodes"

·
Canadian By Choice
116,697 Posts
Rick Mercer, who left the show This Hour Has 22 Minutes, has said that he does not intend to do any more of these skits. Pity.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Yeah it was the Governor of Arkansas. I forget exactly what he asked him but he probably should of known. Rick Mercer does that show "Made in Canada" never seen it before but I would imagine it is good.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gov. of Michigan was asked about "Prime Minister Poutine" of Canada endorsing dubya.

hooo boy....

Made in Canada is not bad. Very much like that show on CBC about the CBC news called "The Corp." if i recall.

MIC, is about a canadian television studio and the "workings on" in their hectic and troublesome day to day lives, slithering in and out of situations as all good tv exeutives ( read "suits" ) do.

it's sleazy, but cute sleazy... good writing, worth a look or 2 or 3....

:D

·
Canadian By Choice
116,697 Posts
I agree with your sense of the show "Made in Canada". Rick Mercer has such a dry sense of humor which is quite humorous.

Still, let's stick to the theme of this thread and hope for a "made in Canada" Stanley Cup final....................even if the Leafs are not involved.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We have an old saying here in "The Hawg"

Unlike the rest of Canada, in Toronto, the Leafs fall in spring. :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts