I'll be using OS 9.2.2 for a while yet...Nothing can steal
it away from me...Yet.
I still use it for some applications and of course my
collection of games.

Dave :cool:

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I have Mac OS 9.2.2 installed on my iMac, but rarely use it. And with Panther on the way, I'll be using OS 9 even less than I already do.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Still love 9. It's fast and furious on my "ancient" hardware and does everything I want without fuss or bother.

And I'm not ready to dump my girlfriend just cause another pretty face comes along.

Dance with the lady you came in with fellas.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Now here's a clubhouse I can relate to. Seeing as OS X will never work on my PM 6500/400 G3, it looks as if I will be in this clubhouse for a while yet. No complaints though

·
Registered
214 Posts
Now here's a clubhouse I can relate to. Seeing as OS X will never work on my PM 6500/400 G3, it looks as if I will be in this clubhouse for a while yet. No complaints though

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
what about those who are still running 8.1? where's our clubhouse?

not that I really care .. just thought I'd question it .. me I'm running Panther on one system, Jaguar Server on another, OS 9.2 on my mint Bleuberry (yes I know I spelt it wrong) and 8.1 on my 5300c (which in thanks to a eBay purchase and help from Bill at NorthStar in Barrie - is a portable once again)

·
Registered
292 Posts
still use os9 on the powermac's for music app's
the powerbook is osx only

i will be recieving panther hopefully end of this week
if it rocks like everyone says it does, i could be kissing os9
goodbye and going totally panther!!

can't live in the dark ages forever!

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Psh, who needs OS 9? My 68k Performa 580 shall rule you all with 8.1 and its one ring. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Of course 8.1 is welcome, it's just the baby brother.

This is the "REAL" Mac forum, no sissified Gen X'rs here.

Real Mac'ers don't repair permissions.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
My daughters 7100 runs Photoshop 4 just fine...
OS 9.1

Anything later and the scsi scanners driver willnot work...

Sure I could get a better OSX scanner for under $100... but where is the fun in that...

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
My trusty old Pismo will not run any form of OSX, so it lives on happily with 9.

But my PowerMac G4 is wunderbar on Jag. :D

Nine is great. Loved nine.

But ten is the future. Or so it seems to me. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
I no longer use it, but thanks for reviving this thread, it was a nice walk down memory lane.

It gave me the urge to rebuild my desktop, and install RamDoubler. :)

·
Premium Member
11,953 Posts
They way OS 9 would just lock up solid when you ran out of RAM was TEH AWSUM!!!!!?!!!

:)

Actually, I do keep a form of OS 9 around. I have Sheepshaver installed and use it to play ONE game. Sometimes I can't believe I waste a GB of hd space just for this one thing, but I do kinda also keep it around to prove to naysayers that it can be done, OS 9 can still run in a limited way on an Intel Mac.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts