Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,877 Posts
I'm waiting for the $12,000 Watchman, so I can watch programs anywhere I want.

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts
I'm waiting for the $12,000 Watchman, so I can watch programs anywhere I want.

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 😝

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
i was so hoping for a tape cassette walkman anniversary - so I can play my tapes on the go again..

·
Premium Member
17,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also released: Neil Young's Pomo music player... at a somewhat saner $399 USD

The Pono shop also launched yesterday, with the uncompressed albums a little more expensive than bought through other online music shops. Neil Young’s After The Gold Rush — which is at the full 192kHz and 24 bit resolution — costs $21.79 (£14.40) through the store.

Neil Young is the top-selling artist on the store so far — and all but three of the top 10 albums feature him — followed by other mostly 60s and 70s acts such as Simon & Garfunkel, Bob Dylan and Led Zeppelin.

Initial reviews suggest that the Pono largely lives up to the Hype.

Engadget wrote that “the difference is quite dramatic”. Slash Gear suggested that it was “all that it’s cut out to be”....

(IndependentUK)

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts

The Pono shop also launched yesterday, with the uncompressed albums a little more expensive than bought through other online music shops. Neil Young’s After The Gold Rush — which is at the full 192kHz and 24 bit resolution — costs $21.79 (£14.40) through the store.

Neil Young is the top-selling artist on the store so far — and all but three of the top 10 albums feature him — followed by other mostly 60s and 70s acts such as Simon & Garfunkel, Bob Dylan and Led Zeppelin.

Engadget wrote that “the difference is quite dramatic”. Slash Gear suggested that it was “all that it’s cut out to be”....

(IndependentUK)

It looks worse than a brown Zune. Good luck, Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts

(IndependentUK)
who did he pay for that name 'pono shop' seriously? LOL
besides are we back to 10 items in our pockets again? that is so 90s..

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
I wonder just how good the DAC is in either the Pono or the new Walkman? Because Apple devices can already play lossless files, so there's no advancement there.

·
Premium Member
42,877 Posts
It's hard for me to understand why any player device couldn't be made to play a lager file.

I wonder just how good the DAC is in either the Pono or the new Walkman? Because Apple devices can already play lossless files, so there's no advancement there.

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
It's hard for me to understand why any player device couldn't be made to play a lager file.

Almost all of them already can. All iDevices, going back to the early iPods can play Apple Lossless (ALAC), and almost all off-brand players can play FLAC. Both formats can be interchangeably converted with 100% accuracy.

What Apple doesn't have, is lossless files in the iTunes store. It seems to me that is really the only thing that Pono brings to the table.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts