Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Let us know what model of the new iPad will you be getting?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Ordered at 7pm yesterday, 32g wifi. I wasn't going to upgrade but some one made me to good an offer for my original ipad. I sold it and came home and ordered.:clap:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
I will stay with my 64 GB WIFI iPad 2 as there are not enough new features to attract me to move. The quality of my HD movies is so clear I cannot imagine it being substantially better to get me to invest in a new machine and sell the old.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I will stay with my 64 GB WIFI iPad 2 as there are not enough new features to attract me to move. The quality of my HD movies is so clear I cannot imagine it being substantially better to get me to invest in a new machine and sell the old.
I'm with you Sinc. I'm sticking with my iPad 2 for the foreseeable future. Sure having a retina display would be nice, but it's not like I'm generally holding it close enough to see the pixels anyways. And then I'm used to a matte screen protector which seems to make it grainy anyways. It's the same with my iPhone 4, the matte screen protector makes the screen look like it has the resolution of an iPhone 3GS...

I'm more stoked about the trickling down of the technology, and looking forward to a LTE iPhone.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Upgrading my 32GB Wifi iPad 2 to a 32GB Wifi iPad. The retina display is the main factor for my upgrading.

After this upgrade, I am going to try my hardest to ensure I follow a 2 year upgrade cycle.

·
Registered
264 Posts
White 64 GB.

It will be my first iPad so I am kind of excited. I had been holding out for an improved screen because I plan to use it mostly for reading and textbooks so the added sharpness should help a great deal. I had a kindle, but I really needed colour for trying to interpret graphs and maps which was not going very well so I gave it to my sister.

Ordered a couple hours after the keynote and it has been "preparing for shipment" for about 36 hours.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I ordered a "new iPad" 64GB Wi-Fi black.

This will be replacing my first Gen iPad 64GB Wi-Fi +3G. I use a good portion of the 64GB but have not used the 3G, so that's why I went with Wi-Fi only this time. I can always set up a hotspot with my iPhone in a pinch.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Ordered a White 16GB Wi-Fi Only new iPad around 5:30 on the launch day. It is currently in the "preparing for shipment" stage and set to deliver between the 16th and 20th!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Definitely gonna be the 64GB Wi-Fi. I love the idea of 4G, but I have absolutely no use for it, especially since I can tether from my iPhone. It's only 3G, but I'm sure I'll manage.

I have a 16GB iPad 1st gen., and it's not NEARLY large enough.

Now waiting for the paycheck...

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Definitely gonna be the 64GB Wi-Fi. I love the idea of 4G, but I have absolutely no use for it, especially since I can tether from my iPhone. It's only 3G, but I'm sure I'll manage.

I have a 16GB iPad 1st gen., and it's not NEARLY large enough.

Now waiting for the paycheck...
I've had a wifi iPad 1 since the original US launch. Just replaced it with a 4G version that I'll continue to use in Canada tethered to my iPhone.

But....

When I'm in the US, I'll be able to add an AT&T card and get a pay as you go data plan there for when I need it on extended trips.

You can always have a 4G version and not use the 4G, but you can't have a wifi version and add 4G.

·
Seriously?
4,442 Posts
I've had a wifi iPad 1 since the original US launch. Just replaced it with a 4G version that I'll continue to use in Canada tethered to my iPhone.

But....

When I'm in the US, I'll be able to add an AT&T card and get a pay as you go data plan there for when I need it on extended trips.

You can always have a 4G version and not use the 4G, but you can't have a wifi version and add 4G.
I think that is what is why i might go with the 4G

·
Registered
801 Posts
I've had a 32gb wifi + 3G, but I never used the cell because I could tether.. So I'm going with a 64gb wifi only

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sweet, my order has finally moved to 'Prepared for Shipping' stage. Should be here on launch day.

Check your order status.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Mine is also 'Prepared for Shipping'.

This reminds me of the incredibly long thread that was started when the first iPad was introduced... that was an epic thread, complete with photos of skids full of boxes containing iPads at a Fedex facility...

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'm in the States right now and getting a 32GB WiFi delivered on the 16th. Its marked as shipped. :) Sweet

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
I've seen many Americans posting about how theirs have shipped and are already near where they live. Have any Canadians had theirs ship yet?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I've seen many Americans posting about how theirs have shipped and are already near where they live. Have any Canadians had theirs ship yet?
In most cases their orders will be held until Friday morning.

Apple has posted a map of Canada showing the expected delivery dates for each part of the country. Major cities and surrounding areas are Friday, if your order says delivery between March 16th-20th.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts