Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard an update on this?

My firend ordered the new 15" Powerbook 1.25GhZ Superdrive almost a month and a half ago.. Apple had promised week of Oct 15th.... and it's now November..

Apparently Apple's response is a production issue...

Anyone heard?

·
ehMac KungFu Master
5,768 Posts
The 15" models have a screen problem with the so called "white spots". Its aparently some spacers between the shell and the LCD that's causing the problem.

Apple is aware of it and is most likely halting production or diverting stock into repair facilites before they get to customers. Tha'ts my educated opinion, not an official Apple statement or anything.

Mine is due next week, I ordered on Monday.

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts
We received ours yesterday - so far we've seen no clients with the whitespot issue but it sure is around on the web.
Keeping our fingers crossed. I suspected Apple was holding back shipment for that reason. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
We got our first shipment the last week of September. We just received our second shipment last week! We have them in stock now though.

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts
Thanks - got the picture - not what this guy had at all - but pretty scary stuff that thread
:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts
Can anyone give me an accurate desciption of the problem. A client brought his 15" in today for different issue and there were a couple pixels on the screen that looked like they twinkled silver - not really whitebut like a mirror ball twinkle seen from a distance and it would change as I shifted my head. He didn't notice and I didn't say anything as I wanted to check this first but this was from the current shipment. :(

Definitely not an ON pixel - hard to describe and I could not get a description on line. :confused: anyone?? :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts