Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched the Musical Stevenote - it's well worth a look.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/musicevent03/

It's ironic that the featured live artist in the broadcast was a Canadian, Sarah Maclaughlin, and the music store screens displayed many other Canadian elements like an album by jazz singer Diana Krall of Nanaimo BC and a session of Vancouver rehearsal tapes by R.E.M. while the store isn't available in Canada. It's said that Apple is trying to deal with the Canadian record industry. All I can say is, "TRY HARDER!"

Cheers :-> Bill

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Urban_Legend beat you to linking it.

iTunes Live Music Event Video Click...
Well, excuuuse me! :->

I wasn't trying for the first link - the link was incidental to my comments, placed there for convenience of those who may not have seen it yet.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
IMHO I just thought it would have been more suited into the thread that was already made, *but* your logic makes sense, now I feel like a heel. (I wasn't trying to be "mean" or anything, just informing you there already was a thread.)

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
It's said that Apple is trying to deal with the Canadian record industry. All I can say is, "TRY HARDER!"
Actually, Apple is waiting from them. The CRIA is in the middle of re-working contracts for artist, etc (IE Writers) for online single song sales, how much they get paid per song, etc.. Without these contracts in place, you can't sell the music online.

As much as I hate apple for thinking of Windows users before their current clients (Regardless if we are Canadian and will provide you with less revenue) there s not much we can do at this point :(

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IMHO I just thought it would have been more suited into the thread that was already made, *but* your logic makes sense, now I feel like a heel. (I wasn't trying to be "mean" or anything, just informing you there already was a thread.)
No problem! I missed the other thread - should probably have put my comment there. "Let a thousand flowers bloom!"

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hey Gerbill, since you brought up irony, Sarah M and iTMS all in the same breath I must share a private irony I've been enjoying ever since iTMS was first announced.

Sarah was a pretty big iTMS "shill" ;) right from the beginning, promoting it and having exclusive tracks 'n all (note I say shill to be funny, I love Sarah - she shills for no one!). But I'd never even heard of music downloading and mp3's until I'd heard if from Sarah (either on her website or on one of her "Enhanced CDs"). She was very against these mp3's at the time. Of course a lot has changed since then, mp3's became mp4 + DRM = AAC etc, etc. But still, my intro to the whole thing was Sarah deriding it and now to see her up there with Steve Jobs promoting music downloads, it gives me a little grin.

Good for her to see the change and not to get on the bandwagon with bands like Metallica!

I love you Sarah! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts