Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

2181 - 2200 of 2207 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,181 · (Edited)
Satellite Images Show Armadas Of Vacant Cruise Ships Huddling Together Out At Sea

Of all the industries that have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, the cruise industry has probably been hit the hardest. Not only are their operations shut down, but they became the face of a global nightmare early on, with hulking pleasure ships being turned into floating prisons rife with infection. Now, according to satellite imagery and transponder tracking data, with no revenue and nowhere to go, cruise ships are seeking refuge in clusters out in the Caribbean and Atlantic, attempting to ride out a storm that they were never designed to handle.

Storing cruise ships in port is not a cheap proposition, nor is there enough space to accommodate them in traditional berths. Beyond that, the international crews that man these huge vessels are not allowed to step on land due to infection risk. With the vast majority of these ships flagged in relatively small and poor countries that have little capability to impact the situation, the only place for them to go is out to sea. And that's precisely where many of them have been.
More pics at the link.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

·
Premium Member
17,776 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
Lamestream seems awfully quiet on this. Maybe they don't want us thinking about all those lives lost in a vain attempt to preserve our freedom.
They don't want to bring to light that 75 years ago young people defended their country, risking life & limb to protect their freedom and that of their countrymen.

As opposed to, say, today's young people who rolled over & were scared into isolation by a bunch of spineless, lying, gov't boogeymen citing ghost stories who have gifted our freedom to the commies.

My relatives who fought in WWII are rolling over in their graves... :-:)mad:

·
Premium Member
42,493 Posts
As opposed to, say, today's young people who rolled over & were scared into isolation by a bunch of spineless, lying, gov't boogeymen citing ghost stories ...
They call hiding a public virtue and compete on the vigour with which they obey their government.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,369 Posts
Thanks!!

- Patrick
======
Glad you appreciated it, Patrick. It is amazing how many men and women from Lunenburg County lost their lives in both WWI and WWII. Lest we forget. Paix, mon ami.

·
Premium Member
17,776 Posts
They don't want to bring to light that 75 years ago young people defended their country, risking life & limb to protect their freedom and that of their countrymen.

As opposed to, say, today's young people who rolled over & were scared into isolation by a bunch of spineless, lying, gov't boogeymen citing ghost stories who have gifted our freedom to the commies.
My relatives who fought in WWII are rolling over in their graves... :-:)mad:

As are mine!

Stay Free!

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
,,,and compete on the vigour with which they obey their government.
Yeah, I can hear the sucking sounds from here... XX)

·
Canadian By Choice
117,369 Posts
I wonder if the cops actually tried to chase him in order to pull him over...???

But regardless, they should probably be thankful he wasn't driving a Bugatti Chiron or Bugatti Veyron Super Sport...

- Patrick
======
Good point. :confused::eek:

·
Canadian By Choice
117,369 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
Further on Leth City Cops roughing up a stormtrooper.

Medicine Hat Police to investigate officers involved in Lethbridge stormtrooper incident

The Lethbridge Police Service says an external agency will investigate officers who injured a teen dressed in a Star Wars costume and carrying a toy gun earlier this week.

Chief Andy McGrogan of the Medicine Hat Police Service said officers from Medicine Hat have already travelled to Lethbridge to gather the file and interview witnesses, although they have not yet spoken with the officers involved.
Nothing reassures me more that nothing will be done than cops investigating cops.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
More yet on stormtrooper arrest.

Med Hat cops bow out.

Investigation of Alberta 'stormtrooper incident' underway

The recent incident involving a woman who was handcuffed while dressed up as a stormtrooper on a May 4, a Star Wars themed day, will now be investigated by the Alberta Serious Incident Response Team (ASIRT), according to CBC.

Initially, the incident wasn't deemed serious enough for ASIRT and was handed over to Medicine Hat police to investigate what happened. After several discussions between Medicine Hat Police, ASIRT and the Lethbridge Police however, the decision was made to hand it over to ASIRT.
I've never heard of ASIRT before, but:

The incident will now be investigated by ASIRT, an independent agency, used for provincial matters that involve allegations of police misconduct, injury or death.
We'll see how this pans out.

·
Premium Member
17,776 Posts
More yet on stormtrooper arrest.

Med Hat cops bow out.

Investigation of Alberta 'stormtrooper incident' underway

I've never heard of ASIRT before, but:

We'll see how this pans out.
I have, but usually where death or injuries are inflicted.

I know the first part of the Acronym stands for; Alberta Serious Incident (Response Team?). So hopefully this does mean they are taking this incident seriously. Abuse of power is a very serious incident, even when no one is seriously hurt.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,198 ·

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
2181 - 2200 of 2207 Posts