Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 2207 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often run across stories that might be of interest to ehMacers, but really don't warrant a new thread every time I find one. With that in mind, I thought I would start this thread as a 'catch-all' for items that members find and want others to have access to the story.

I hope others find this useful and that it reduces the number of threads here by using this one for odd items of interest.

I will start with this:

Korean carriers to launch broadband-shaming 300Mbps LTE-Advanced network this year

Why are Canadians held hostage to such low speeds?

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
Michael's collects postal codes. I've given them various versions but none of them have ever been mine.

·
Premium Member
17,772 Posts
doesn't home depot and walmart and target and everyone on the planet do that?
so not surprised my info is with the russian mafia who hacked target ..
everytime I go to home depot they receive that info when I pay by card and ask for my postal code before i leave.
A lot of us in Southern Alberta have started using T0K0H0. Easy to remember. Happens to be Brockett on the Blood Indian reserve. Using that one should help throw the snoops data bases completely out of whack.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,359 Posts
Michael's collects postal codes. I've given them various versions but none of them have ever been mine.
When my wife sent me to our local Michaels to pick up something she needed for Christmas, and they requested my postal code, I gave them H0H 0H0. The cashier looked at me and I told her "I get better deals here in St. John's than I do back home." :D

·
Canadian By Choice
117,359 Posts
I often run across stories that might be of interest to ehMacers, but really don't warrant a new thread every time I find one. With that in mind, I thought I would start this thread as a 'catch-all' for items that members find and want others to have access to the story.

I hope others find this useful and that it reduces the number of threads here by using this one for odd items of interest.

This is a great idea, Sinc. A very eclectic thread shall evolve.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,359 Posts
I hope this makes people want to work harder.
True ........... but if these 85 people also work harder, the median income level might remain unchanged. Personally, I am working flat out and placed #109 on this list. Better invest some of my money stashed away in my home to try to get this money working for me.

Paix, mon ami.

·
Premium Member
20,720 Posts
I hope this makes people want to work harder.
True ........... but if these 85 people also work harder, the median income level might remain unchanged. Personally, I am working flat out and placed #109 on this list. Better invest some of my money stashed away in my home to try to get this money working for me.

Paix, mon ami.
Or smarter, I hear crime pays (at at least some of the time). ;) :eek: :yikes:

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
Nice bit of WW II history.

WWII Veteran Aviator Bill Overstreet and His P-51 Mustang, “Berlin Express”

We had the pleasure of speaking at length with World War Two aviator, William B.”Bill” Overstreet at Warbirds Over the Beach 2013, and as promised, we’re going to relate some of the compelling stories of his experiences during the war. While he is in his nineties, he is still sharp, and in talking to him, you can still see the spark of the twenty-something daredevil he once was in his eyes as he recounts his exploits, fighting the forces of fascism from the cockpit of a fighter plane over Europe all those years ago.
Amazing stories, including chasing a German pilot under the Eiffel Tower.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
117,359 Posts
A wonderful treat for the fan - still, it saddens me to see how Ali has deteriorated. Horrible disease, Parkinson's.
I too was shocked to see how Ali had deteriorated as well. Very sad.

1 - 20 of 2207 Posts