Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,119 Posts
Pretty crowded in here. And why are the walls made of rubber?

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Not afraid to say it I own a PC

·
Resident Hijacker
8,758 Posts
Woe is me. No Macs yet. That will probably change sometime this month. Until then, I'll just look on longingly.

XP is banned from my home.

Currently own (or co-own):
[*] 1 desktop running NT 4
[*] 1 laptop running 98 (which refuses to run anything else, will not run for longer than 10 minutes on battery.)
[*] 1 desktop dual-booting Win2k and Linux

Writing this post on the work-assigned Toshiba Win2K laptop from hell. Latest oddities include a 'g' key that doesn't work if you hit it left of center. Very irritating, especially when typing masked passwords.

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Woe is me. No Macs yet. That will probably change sometime this month. Until then, I'll just look on longingly.
XP is banned from my home.
Currently own (or co-own):
* 1 desktop running NT 4
* 1 laptop running 98 (which refuses to run anything else, will not run for longer than 10 minutes on battery.)
* 1 desktop dual-booting Win2k and Linux

Writing this post on the work-assigned Toshiba Win2K laptop from hell. Latest oddities include a 'g' key that doesn't work if you hit it left of center. Very irritating, especially when typing masked passwords.
XP is fine as long as you've got the computer to run it properly I wouldn't advise running it on anything below a PIII 1GHz and you'll need about 256mb of ram, I just finished installing XP on my brother's new P4-3.0GHz with 1gb of DDR ram and a 120gb SATA hard drive and it runs like a dream even booting up takes less than 20secs I've been testing it since Sat. and it hasn't crashed once, SETI times are down in the 1.5-2 hour range per unit

With his upgrade I kept his old Athlon +2700 and installed Win 98se on it I have never seen a computer boot up in less than 10secs but that PC can do it. :eek:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
OMG! I got this awful urge to post here. Could it be 'cause I'm at work and the only machine available is an "hp" PC thingy or whatever you call them. Under normal circumstances, I would not be posting here! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
I had to use one of those things at work too. People there would ask why I had Macs at home. My Reply ... because I have to use a PC here! and it's always a pleasure to come home to my Mac.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts