Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the much anticipated (by me, at least) itrip is now complete and ready for preorder.

itrip is an fm transmitter designed solely for the ipod that mounts directly on top of the ipod. it draws its slight power through the firewire port, so you don't need batteries. also, it can transmit on any wavelength to get the best signal possible. i know i'm getting one.
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itrip/

·
Registered
220 Posts
That thing looks amazing!! I wouldn't buy it before hearing some reviews about it, though. Just because you can change wavelengths/radio stations doesn't mean you can find one with perfect sound.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yea, the iTrip does look interesting. I too am going to wait for a review to see how it's rated, before forking over the cash.

The Dr. Bot connection kit turned out to be a huge disappointment. The auto lighter charger quit working after 2 uses (not the fuse, I checked), the cassette adapter sounds like garbage. (I turfed it a bought a Sony one - much, much better, but still not great) In short, the connection kit was a total waste of money.

My new car, has no cassette, just radio and CD so the iTrip would be the way to go.

If you get one, be sure to post your thoughts, I'd be interested in hearing your opinion on it.

Best,
B

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have an irock, and having it is a main motivater for me to get an itrip.

four stations to choose from, which usually requires changing stations after driving a while.
batteries to change.
bulky unit tethered to the ipod.

it gets the job done, but that's aboot it.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Yeah, I saw that the other day. That thing looks SWEET!!!!!

Looking forward to buying one! :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it won't be shipping until "spring '03"

i'll be sure to post a review when i get mine

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Just saw on Apple eNews there is something called the Belkin TuneCast. Looks similar, but looks more like a peripheral of the iPod than an extension of it. The wire connecting it to the iPod might indicate a better signal though, I don't know. Waiting for reviews on both ...

[edit: here's a link: http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Product_Id=140984 Note you can get it cheaper at the Apple Store]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts