Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1201 - 1203 of 1203 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,988 Posts
Rebel Media has sometimes reported on important issues that no other news source has reported. Better to scan the world of news sources and learn to glean truth than to accept any one source as objective.
I can agree with that. However, ever news item from the Rebel that I’ve investigated has turned out to be less than believable.

·
Premium Member
42,770 Posts
I would agree that some of it is pure garbage.

Here is a good Rebel story involving a government loan guarantee to a sketchy oil company that had previously defaulted on hundreds of millions of dollars in loans:

Better to triangulate toward what appears to be true. Sometimes you also just have to go to the orginal source — parliamentary and legislative transcripts and actual legislation — to see for yourself.

I can agree with that. However, ever news item from the Rebel that I’ve investigated has turned out to be less than believable.

·
peek-a-boo
17,094 Posts
They are pretty notorious. Even the propaganda that somehow the ‘left’ is preventing free speech and controlling ‘the narrative’, all a bunch of nonsense designed to whip their supporters into a fund raising frenzy. I think what happened as I said was something similar when Notley was premier and there was a similar legal battle, same free speech fight, but it seems that the Notley government was making sure Ezra would be held accountable legally as other news agencies would because of his history of running to the entertainment site defence when he got himself in hot water, which seemed to be quite a bit.

but that doesn’t stop his supporters from carrying the free speech banner. The rest of us stopped being bothered by this character long ago, he only seems to matter to a very small number of people.

1201 - 1203 of 1203 Posts