Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the Adobe v. Apple software debate below illustrates, every software area needs a couple of robust, quality competitors...

In the very busy field of PIM/CRM-lite, it seems to me that DayLite does everything that Entourage should: talk to other standards in the PC world (e.g. Act!), synchronise with all the key Apple aps so that you can use isync and calendar publishing, etc.

Anyone has had experience with this slick Ontarian product? I guess that the alternative is to use a converter utility such as 'Export-Import Entourage X-128' and to keep sleeping with the enemy.

Views?

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have been using daylite for a while now and even helped them with some of the original beta testing in which we tried to get the group version of it running behind a firewall for IP and URL based availability.

It's a great product and quickly evolving one at that. I have not used it in a while, but I enjoyed it while it was there. The nice thing about it is that it developed by a very friendly staff of people who are always more than happy to talk to you and help you out.

They are very pro mac and I also believe in trying to support the smaller companies other than the bloated crappy companies such as Mircocrap! I believe you can download a 30 day demo of it to try it out.

The problem with sleeping with the enemy is that you can only sleep around before you get infected and since there are about a billion viruses out there in the WinBlows world, you should make sure you use protection, however the best form or protection as I am sure they told you in school is abstinence :p

Seriously Daylite is a really great product. I believe it has even won Apples Design Awards as best new product a while back. Plus the company is CANADIAN!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts