Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is in no way intended to be another Cataclysmic Anthropogenic Global Warming thread. Let's be brutal either you are a faithful worshipper at the alter of Al Gore's Cathedral of Faux Climatology or you have solid math skills and have therefore rejected CAGWa claims out of hand.

Rather this thread intended to address all the other environmental concerns that are now being overlooked because of the emphasis on CAGWa.

Might as well start here:
https://calgaryherald.com/news/loca...-bury-clamshell-plastics-in-calgary-landfills
Following Calgary’s lead, Airdrie will bury its previously collected clamshell waste after failing to find a feasible solution to recycle the ubiquitous containers, adding another 130 tonnes to the 2,000 tonnes being dumped in Calgary landfills this month.
I have always hated these things. There are better ways to do it and they seem to add about a Loonie to the cost of whatever item they contain. I say ban them entirely and the sooner the better!

·
Premium Member
17,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
15,665 Posts
Makes you wonder if there could be similar issues closer to home?

Who or why would one need a "15,000-page Air Force report" to add to the problem??? Ghees!!!

15,000 pages!!!! Really...???

- Patrick
======

·
Premium Member
15,665 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
117,363 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,903 Posts
Burying plastic garbage and Brazil forest fires (to date, it could get worse) are good examples of manufactured crises worthy of global coverage. No disrespect to those directly affected by landfill operations or forest fires, for which these are real problems.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Yep, the sooner smart people can grasp this awful scam being perpetrated on the world by globalist governments, the sooner the madness and money grab will end.

Until such time as educated and intelligent folks wake up, the Turdeaus of the world will continue to make fools of the populace.

·
Premium Member
8,903 Posts
A few "debunking" articles have made the rounds on the political panic regarding Brazil's forests. This Forbes example gets at the points that occurred to me and more:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michae...the-lungs-of-the-world-is-wrong/#1b3e94625bde

While the number of fires in 2019 is indeed 80% higher than in 2018, it’s just 7% higher than the average over the last 10 years ago, Nepstad said.

The article includes a discussion on the politics that were likely behind the news media's manufacturing.

·
Premium Member
15,665 Posts
A few "debunking" articles have made the rounds on the political panic regarding Brazil's forests. This Forbes example gets at the points that occurred to me and more:

+1. Finally, a decent read on the subject.

- Patrick
======

·
Premium Member
8,903 Posts
+1. Finally, a decent read on the subject.
Thanks. Note that I think their case against Amazon net oxygen production may be overstated. I've seen other estimates of 1-6% of global oxygen but, at that point, the science is over my head. The Amazon is not, however, in any way the "lungs" of the planet. Life forms in the ocean are.

·
Premium Member
17,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To my mind a much more important issue than the CO2 hoax-scam. Glad to see the little Dutch Boy trying to stick his thumb in the ****.

https://www.seattlepi.com/news/medi...-unveils-device-to-scoop-plastic-14565673.php

ROTTERDAM, Netherlands (AP) — A young Dutch inventor is widening his effort to clean up floating plastic from the Pacific Ocean by moving into rivers, too, using a new floating device to catch garbage before it reaches the seas.

The 25-year-old university dropout Boyan Slat founded The Ocean Cleanup to develop and deploy a system he invented when he was 18 that catches plastic waste floating in the ocean.

On Saturday he unveiled the next step in his fight: A floating solar-powered device that he calls the "Interceptor" that scoops plastic out of rivers as it drifts past.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I saw where the Keystone pipeline spilled more than 9,000 barrels of tar sands/oil sands diluted bitumen along a quarter-mile stretch of northeastern North Dakota Tuesday.

I think there was an older spill on the TC Energy's pipeline in S. Dakota a while back.

Damn ... not a good story as it easily feeds into the pipeline opponents rejection of all pipelines and will make the Americans less will to consider adding more pipe.

·
Premium Member
15,665 Posts
Damn ... not a good story

+1!!! :-(

I wish they had better methods of sensing Pipeline leaks and a faster way of responding and getting the pipeline shut down until repairs are made.

But maybe it is already pretty fast considering how much oil goes through the pipelines every hour. So response time and fast action is super critical to keep the damage to a minimum.

- Patrick
======

·
Premium Member
17,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Don, good post but the entire point of this thread is all the very real environmental issues that are being totally ignored thanks to the Cataclysmic Anthropogenic Global Warming alarmist hysteria.

This is in no way intended to be another Cataclysmic Anthropogenic Global Warming thread. Let's be brutal either you are a faithful worshipper at the alter of Al Gore's Cathedral of Faux Climatology or you have solid math skills and have therefore rejected CAGWa claims out of hand.

Rather this thread intended to address all the other environmental concerns that are now being overlooked because of the emphasis on CAGWa.

·
Premium Member
17,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A prime example:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/this-...-water-at-canadian-daycares-schools-1.4668761

TORONTO -- A new study has found that some Canadian cities have higher levels of lead in their drinking water than Flint, Michigan, which has become synonymous with contaminated H20.

The year-long investigation, conducted by more than 120 journalists from nine universities and 10 media groups including The Associated Press and the Institute for Investigative Journalism at Concordia University in Montreal, reviewed thousands of previously undisclosed results and tested water from hundreds of homes in 11 different cities. Researchers recorded lead levels above national safety directives, including at some schools and daycares.

About one-third of tests exceeded the Canadian guidelines of 5 parts per billion with some of the highest levels recorded in Montreal, Regina and Prince Rupert, B.C. Prolonged exposure to high amounts of lead over months or years can result in lead poisoning, which can cause serious health effects, particularly among young children.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
To my mind a much more important issue than the CO2 hoax-scam. Glad to see the little Dutch Boy trying to stick his thumb in the ****.

https://www.seattlepi.com/news/medi...-unveils-device-to-scoop-plastic-14565673.php
Hey Don, good post but the entire point of this thread is all the very real environmental issues that are being totally ignored thanks to the Cataclysmic Anthropogenic Global Warming alarmist hysteria.
I wondered where to put it before I finally decided here seemed to fit with your earlier comments above, since it concerns more evidence of the CO2 hoax-scam you mentioned, so dropped it here as another example. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
Plastic straws not the problem

"Delhi air quality... improves to ‘very poor’"...

On Sunday, the Principal Secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi had a meeting with states of Punjab, Haryana and Delhi via video-conference to discuss the measures to tackle air pollution.​

·
Premium Member
17,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I wondered where to put it before I finally decided here seemed to fit with your earlier comments above, since it concerns more evidence of the CO2 hoax-scam you mentioned, so dropped it here as another example. Sorry.

No problem. I figured we already had a thread pretty much devoted to that and was tired of the media overlooking far more important issues, especially when they could not blame global warming.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts