Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check number 2 out and make sure you look at the picture to the right of the article for proof. What's better is the ad ran in PC Magazine. :D

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
LOL.

I love such lack of supervision. Gimme a break. It ran only once? I bet. They buy ads in blocks dude. Often done via outsourcing. Anyhow, that was a good one. What was that anyhow, I want to say a iBook - but the screen looked a little thin for that. Likely is though...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The laptop in question was a Titanium Powerbook.

And it's possible it only ran once, as an error like that, once discovered, would have been corrected for subsequent advertisements in the same block.

That's not to say it was caught right away though...

:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA
That was great

I also remember a gateway TV ad that had the guy with all the photos of himself with famous people. When he closes the laptop he is making his images on, i could clearly see an apple logo on it, it was a G3 PB! :D

·
Canadian By Choice
117,387 Posts
I remember seeing the Gateway ad of their iMac "knock off" jumping over an iMac and thinking "I don't think the screen is able to do those sorts of movements." I had a grand time practicing with the various screen levels I might utilize, along with various resolution settings, on a friends new iMac. My wife said that she would want to get a 15" screen and mini-AlPB if we won the lottery....along with another two doxies!!!! When Hussein gets a free tour of Disneyland will this happen!!!!!!!!! (not the Macs, but two more doxies!!!!!! They are great dogs, but when doxies outnumber humans in a house, one needs to sleep lightly all the time.)

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
LOL

That was grand of Gateway. Thinking of us Mac users. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
I have seen this before
Pretty stupid on all parts.
You think someone would be more responsible at the Ad firm or Gateway.
I bet gateway wouldnt even notice if it wasnt brought to their attention, because once youve seen one PC youve seen em all.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Thanks Bjornbro, this brightened up my day... Oh the mistakes people make. And then theres the link for TIG (The Internet Guy) which opens another story. I found them quite good. thanks for the link!

·
Registered
223 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MacDaddy:
I also remember a gateway TV ad that had the guy with all the photos of himself with famous people. When he closes the laptop he is making his images on, i could clearly see an apple logo on it, it was a G3 PB! :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw that too. Pointed it out to my girlfriend. She didn't care. Glad someone does.
;)

·
Canadian By Choice
117,387 Posts
So much for product placement. Gateway/Dell like the look of Macs, so to sell their own computers, they utilize the good looking product of their competitor. Smart.

I have seen Vice Principal Gruber on "Boston Public" utilize a Mac laptop, with the Apple logo clearly visable, and not just for a fleeting moment. I would be interested if Apple actually pays for this indirect promo of their laptops?

·
Canadian By Choice
117,387 Posts
Just checked out the MSN piece about "the PC you always wanted" with the little jpeg of the new iMac. Maybe there is a secret movement afoot, with intentional placements of Mac computers as a subliminal way of getting people to switch.

Yes, master.........I shall send my Dells to Macspectrum............buy a Mac......must have a Mac...............make mine a Mac.....
:D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I recall a few months back an ad for Windows XP...unfortunately it was running on a Mac, an old 7600 no less! That one got pulled pretty fast.

The source of these errors is clear: graphic designers make ads. Most graphic designers use Macs.

What about the prevalence of Macs in movies and on television (e.g., Carrie Bradshaw on Sex in the City)? I explain it this way...cinema and television describe worlds where all the people are beautiful and everything works out in the end, i.e., a fantasy. What could be more delightful than a world where everyone uses a Macintosh?

·
Canadian By Choice
117,387 Posts
Heironymus, that is a logical speculation re the graphic designers who create these ads on a Mac utilizing the means of their creation in the ad itself. Do you think that if Apple had a stranglehold on the computer market the way Wintel-based computers have, they would be as innovative as they are currently (and in the past)?

·
Canadian By Choice
117,387 Posts
Sorry about the double post. I had nothing to do with this mishap. Thus, I am editing it out entirely.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gordguide:
Gateway, Dell, none of 'em can't recognise a Mac in PC clothing.
Check out this site:
Dell Host .com
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

heh... That's pretty funny... What's even funnier is, it's not the only time on the same site!

I only recognised it because I have the same default image as my background right now...

:cool:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts