Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The FeXL rant in the Upside thread got me thinking a sister or is it a brother thread is also needed, and Myles Garret has more than obligingly kicked it off;

Bear in mind this was the last play of the game and the Cleveland defense had owned Rudolph all night, sacking him on the two previous plays and coming within an eyelash of a third consecutive sack. There is no excuse though I strongly suspect 'roid rage played a leading role. FWIW I am pretty sure it was the Cleveland PR team that drafted Garrets apology.
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/20...n-and-postseason-larry-ogunjobi-one-game.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio - The NFL came down extremely hard on Myles Garrett on Friday, almost as hard as the helmet that came down on Mason Rudolph’s head at the end of Thursday’s night’s 21-7 victory over the Steelers.

Garrett has been suspended indefinitely without pay, but at least for the remainder of this season and postseason for ripping off Rudolph’s helmet and clubbing him with it, the league announced on Friday. That’s at least six games this season, and Garrett must meet with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell before he can be re-instated next season.

Garrett, who was aiming for NFL Defensive Player of the Year this season, was also fined an additional undisclosed amount by the NFL, and both clubs were fined $250,000 for the melee, which played out in front of a nationally-televised audience on Fox Sports.

“Last night, I made a terrible mistake,'' Garrett said in a statement released by the Browns. "I lost my cool and what I did was selfish and unacceptable. I know that we are all responsible for our actions and I can only prove my true character through my actions moving forward. I want to apologize to Mason Rudolph, my teammates, our entire organization, our fans and to the NFL. I know I have to be accountable for what happened, learn from my mistake and I fully intend to do so.”
Rudolph wasn’t suspended for trying to pull off Garrett’s helmet or shoving him away with a foot to the groin, but the NFL will consider fining him.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
Hockey Night In Wokestan

19 Comments

Number Four;

The Hockey Hall of Famer tells the Toronto Sun that “enough is enough” of smearing and picking on his old coach.

“To throw him under the bus like this is wrong,” said the former Boston Bruins great.

“And for his partner to do it as well. Shame on him.”

Like Cherry, Orr is disappointed Coach’s Corner co-host Ron MacLean buckled to corporate pressures to issue an apology that included saying, “Don made comments that were hurtful and prejudiced.”

This came after MacLean offered a thumbs-up on air and said “That’s why we love you.”

Orr is of the view that Cherry’s awkward wording was taken out of context and turned against him to destroy him.

“I know what he was saying. We all know what he was saying. He was saying we should buy a poppy. All of us,” said the pride of Parry Sound, now a player representative.​

Related: “Support Don Cherry” sign confiscated by security at NHL game
Bold mine.

I agree. If Grapes is guilty of anything, it's poor phrasing.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
the downside of sports - Trans Men allowed to compete in women's /female sports and destroy records pretending to be women.
that should not be allowed.. instead have another category called Trans

·
Premium Member
17,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the downside of sports - Trans Men allowed to compete in women's /female sports and destroy records pretending to be women.
that should not be allowed.. instead have another category called Trans
Absolutely!

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<Just shaking my head...>

Hockey Canada dropping 'midget,' other traditional minor age group names
More:
Context is everything, you idiots...
Right because labeling groups by the number creates such a warm fuzzy feeling in kids.

Mom over her lifetime saw an officially approved moniker go from ****** to ***** to colored to black to... She stopped worrying about what to call them with the third name change. The problem is not that offense is intended or taken. The problem is that some look to take offense then try to use their supposedly hurt feelings to intimidate others.

If someone chooses to be offended, especially where no slur is intended that is entirely on their shoulders. Catering to their hurt feelings is a complete and total waste of time. Worse it encourages those who engage in that sort of intimidation/manipulation to continue the obnoxious behavior.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
After No Teams Call Him, Kaepernick Posts Defiant Message To League

It’s been over a week since Colin Kaepernick decided to ditch a special tryout put on by the NFL to give the former 49ers quarterback his best shot yet at getting back in the league and, unsurprisingly, none of the 32 teams have reached out to him. Kaepernick, meanwhile, is using footage taken by his team from his far less-attended, self-conducted “tryout” at an Atlanta high school to declare that he’s still “ready” and accuse the league of “denying” him.
Related:

Colin Kaepernick Received 'Absolutely Zero' Interest From NFL After Workout

In news that may not really surprise anyone—including Colin Kaepernick—the controversial former San Francisco 49ers quarterback has received exactly zero response to his workout held in Georgia for a handful of NFL teams.

Quoting ESPN's Adam Schefter, Bleacher Report detailed how Kaepernick has had "Zero. Absolutely zero" pickup after he went through a workout routine at an Atlanta-area high school for reps from teams including the Philadelphia Eagles, Kansas City Chiefs, and New York Jets.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
Don't like it.

Then again, I don't like pros (whatever form they may take) in the Olympics, either...

California Governor Signs Bill Allowing College Athletes to Endorse Products

California just turned college sports upside down.

Gov. Gavin Newsom has signed a bill that will allow college athletes to use their name, image and likeness to endorse products. That runs directly opposite long-standing rules from the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and could lead to a defining court battle.

The bill, which passed the California legislature unanimously, would go into effect in 2023. It stops the NCAA from barring a university from competition if athletes receive endorsements, ranging from major companies to paid youth coaching positions. Student athletes would also be allowed to hire agents.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
No disagreement there. but shouldn't that post have been in the "upside" of sports? :D
you are correct - me bad lol

Watch it or next thing you know he'll be playing for Tranna

why would he come to play for 33% less? maybe he will like hamilton - more crime and he can protest there lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts