Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 387 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Alberta UCP Thread

This thread, formerly titled The Clusterf**k on the Right in Alberta is for keeping track of the progress of the United Conservative Party of Alberta as they begin their governance following the election of April 16, 2019.

If I can figure out how to change the title that is. Otherwise, the title shall stay as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations to the new "You See Pee" party for a decisive coming together on Alberta's political right.

·
Premium Member
42,492 Posts
Nice thread title Freddie. Very classy. Looks real good for a teacher to use. Congrats on showing your true style.
It's a shame there won't be a live cam to register Freddie's shock and horror when the "cluster" on the right sweeps his beloved Rachel out of office forever.

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice thread title Freddie. Very classy. Lokks real good for a teacher to use. Congrats on showing your true style.

Glad you approve. And when I'm on here, I'm not a teacher. Just a member of John Q. Public, just like you.

·
Premium Member
42,492 Posts
That may be in your mind, but it is obvious your real persona is at work and that is part teacher. Such classroom language. ;)
You'll notice that Freddie didn't create this thread until he realized the NDP was doomed by a united right party. I seem to recall his predictions that the parties would not unite.

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That may be in your mind, but it is obvious your real persona is at work and that is part teacher. Such classroom language. ;)

Why is my "real persona" at work? I think of the job as the thing I do to pay the bills, like most people.

·
Premium Member
10,101 Posts
You'll notice that Freddie didn't create this thread until he realized the NDP was doomed by a united right party. I seem to recall his predictions that the parties would not unite.
This will be interesting. From a pundit view, 95% of 55 is 52. So 48 % either went with acclamation or were knife and forkers...but a critical mass to be sure. I am afraid Alberta's future government will depend on B.C.'s NDP government on dam and pipeline issues. I would not want to be in Notley's shoes...too much in the works to make prudent decisions but I feel she has little time to rear the ship. If BC's policies hurt Alberta it will be seen as an NDP issue and not necessarily that of a BC government..

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

You know, it's more polite not to talk about "him" in the third person. He's right here. In fact, he started this thread because he was informed that trashing the right dickwads was not appropriate in a thread dedicated to thrashing the NDP. So this thread is perfect for that purpose. As far as 2019, yes the NDP will likely get turfed, but the You-See-Pee are definitely not a better alternative.

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This will be interesting. From a pundit view, 95% of 55 is 52. So 48 % either went with acclamation or were knife and forkers...but a critical mass to be sure. I am afraid Alberta's future government will depend on B.C.'s NDP government on dam and pipeline issues. I would not want to be in Notley's shoes...too much in the works to make prudent decisions but I feel she has little time to rear the ship. If BC's policies hurt Alberta it will be seen as an NDP issue and not necessarily that of a BC government..

I think you're right, Rps. Perception seems to be all these days. Notley is doing a good job of cleaning up the mess left behind by previous gov'ts, but many people perceive it differently. As far as the UCP, I can't quite see how the think they can find common ground vision-wise. The Wild Rose was created because many felt the Prog Cons were not right wing enough.

·
Premium Member
42,492 Posts
You know, it's more polite not to talk about "him" in the third person.
Stopped caring about that when you began doing it!

I think you're right, Rps. Perception seems to be all these days. Notley is doing a good job of cleaning up the mess left behind by previous gov'ts, but many people perceive it differently. As far as the UCP, I can't quite see how the think they can find common ground vision-wise. The Wild Rose was created because many felt the Prog Cons were not right wing enough.
What has she cleaned up? She's digging Alberta deep into unsurmountable debt and hobbling the economy.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
Many people are passionate about their jobs & thoroughly enjoy them, rather than just seeing them as a means to an end & merely putting in time.

Why am I not surprised to find you among the latter?

I think of the job as the thing I do to pay the bills, like most people.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
I would not want to be in Notley's shoes...
Rachel's toast. Period.

It will have nothing to do with BC NDP policy or anybody else's. She's done enough damage on her own to seal her fate. It won't matter if oil magically hits $100/bbl tomorrow & stays for the next 22 months, enabling her to pay off all the debt, balance the budget & write everyone in the province a cheque for $10,000.

Between her waffling for 8 months on oil royalties, unionizing farm workers, $15/hr minimum wages, carbon tax & tens of billions of dollars of debt & deficit, she's shown her true Prog colours & polarized the right in this province.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Many people are passionate about their jobs & thoroughly enjoy them, rather than just seeing them as a means to an end & merely putting in time.

Why am I not surprised to find you among the latter?

Probably because you're full of shite on this one. People might enjoy their jobs, some, but they wouldn't be doing them for free. It's a means to an end.,

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My question, too. Freddie?

I throw the same question at you that was thrown at me on the other thread: wrong thread much? This thread is to discuss the parties on the right who are attempting to "unify" their vision, not rip apart the NDP. There's already a thread for that. I see it as same shite, different pile.

1 - 20 of 387 Posts