ehMac banner

241 - 260 of 25155 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
No more Canadian issue to be resolved

Should Harper show some restraint as an example for all Canadians or should he go to Boston to see game 4 of the Stanley Cup final?

CBCNews said:
Prime Minister Harper to attend Game 4

There will be a special guest in attendance for Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final.

The Prime Minister's Office says Stephen Harper will be at TD Garden on Wednesday night as the Boston Bruins host the Vancouver Canucks in the crucial matchup....

...Harper spokesman Dimitri Soudas says the prime minister will be joined at the game by his daughter Rachel and Heritage Minister James Moore.

Harper is paying the value of a commercial airline ticket for himself and Rachel for the flight on the Defence Department Challenger jet.

Moore is also paying his own way, Soudas added.
I say lead by example as actions speaks louder than words

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
I read something today that made me laugh.
Clement floats user fees in sketch of public-service spending review - The Globe and Mail

I was just recalling the screeching of the "no new taxes" when McGuinty brought in the health surcharge. So user fees to help balance the books.

But no new taxes. Perhaps the cons are beginning to see the difficulty in balancing the chequebook after needlessly squandering revenue?
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

·
Tritium Glow
7,141 Posts
Should Harper show some restraint as an example for all Canadians or should he go to Boston to see game 4 of the Stanley Cup final?

I say lead by example as actions speaks louder than words
Is this really that big a deal?

·
Canadian By Choice
116,632 Posts
Is this really that big a deal?
Not really, since it's only money ............... albeit our money, but there were tax breaks in the budget .............. if you are a corportation. Such is Life.

Paix, mon ami.

·
Tritium Glow
7,141 Posts
Sure let's begrudge the Prime Minister the pleasure of attending the hockey game with his daughter to which he has purchased tickets and is paying for part of the fare. The security detail is part and parcel of the gig, so how much would all that cost on a commercial jet?

God forbid it would be Air Canada. :lmao:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Sure let's begrudge the Prime Minister the pleasure of attending the hockey game with his daughter to which he has purchased tickets and is paying for part of the fare. The security detail is part and parcel of the gig, so how much would all that cost on a commercial jet?

God forbid it would be Air Canada. :lmao:
I sure hope that laughing smilie is aimed at the folks here who can't get their heads around our PM representing our country at a Stanley Cup event in the U.S. Shame on them for their small minded take on the event.

·
Tritium Glow
7,141 Posts
That too....;)

Back to the game now.

·
peek-a-boo
16,138 Posts
Not really, since it's only money ............... albeit our money, but there were tax breaks in the budget .............. if you are a corportation. Such is Life.

Paix, mon ami.
meh, when it's yer guy in office, ah let'im spend'er up. He deserves it eh?

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
meh, when it's yer guy in office, ah let'im spend'er up. He deserves it eh?
Zackly.

If it were Chretien, the howls of pork barrel this and adscam that would be deafening.

Harper is a clever little fellow though. He makes plenty of 'celebrity guest appearances' without the aid of a press release. This is the kind of playing to the Tim Horton's crowd kind of divisive issue that will endear him to the fence sitters.

·
peek-a-boo
16,138 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Zackly.

If it were Chretien, the howls of pork barrel this and adscam that would be deafening.

Harper is a clever little fellow though. He makes plenty of 'celebrity guest appearances' without the aid of a press release. This is the kind of playing to the Tim Horton's crowd kind of divisive issue that will endear him to the fence sitters.
Actually, no matter what he does, someone won't approve. Before he was too 'cold and calculating' and 'emotionless', and now he's 'pandering to the Tim Horton's crowd'.

*shrug*

·
Premium Member
20,720 Posts

Paix, mon ami.
It's not our money he paid for the flight personally and can't fly commercially due to security reasons.

·
Premium Member
42,278 Posts
The whole thing makes no sense the way the story is told... anyway I don't see how this has anything to do with Harper.
Desperate times call for desperate accusations... and the despair is palpable on the left.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts

·
peek-a-boo
16,138 Posts
shhh that's ok with the conservatives.

·
Premium Member
20,720 Posts
Yes and Conservative Government mislead Parliament over two fiscal years.

Being deceitful is not an honourable or Christian manner of behaviour is it?
Nope actually the word mislead was removed from the final report.... why do you want to mislead Canadians about that. ;)

The good new is the total for the summits came in well under the $1.1 billion originally forecast.

The Auditor-General said final expenses came in at nearly half of the amount, or $664-million
The biggest spender at the Summit was the RCMP, which charged $314-million for its security services, followed by Public Safety at $158-million, Foreign Affairs at $114-million and the department of National Defence at $29-million.

Overall, security accounted for $510-million of the total projected cost of $664-million.

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
The whole thing makes no sense the way the story is told... anyway I don't see how this has anything to do with Harper.
Desperate times call for desperate accusations... and the despair is palpable on the left.
it doesn't have anything to do with Harper, but it does have something to do with Canadian Politics. Look at the thread title.

Plus it's hilarious that just days after the whole 'Weiner-gate', a public figure could still be so stupid to have not put all his "dick pics" on super secure lockdown!

Auditor blasts lack of transparency in doling out generous G8 funds - The Globe and Mail

wow. 50 million. No wonder the conservatives were so interested in keeping this one quiet.

Well we just told them this sort of thing, yeah that's cool. go ahead and spend 'er up.
ohh...good thing Tony Clement is in charge of where to find those budget cuts!

(well....good if you live in Muskoka. no chance of any cuts there).

·
Premium Member
20,720 Posts
it doesn't have anything to do with Harper, but it does have something to do with Canadian Politics. Look at the thread title.

Plus it's hilarious that just days after the whole 'Weiner-gate', a public figure could still be so stupid to have not put all his "dick pics" on super secure lockdown!

ohh...good thing Tony Clement is in charge of where to find those budget cuts!

(well....good if you live in Muskoka. no chance of any cuts there).
Oops my bad... somehow, I wonder why, I thought I was in the Harper's Sins thread. ;)

241 - 260 of 25155 Posts