Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

25181 - 25197 of 25197 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
How is it without merit?
Answer: Nothing you can say or demonstrate will have merit. You can be the guy who authored the policy and your post would be considered without merit.

A big helping of word salad will finish you off for even posting that garbage! NEXT?

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
Well certainly having a pathetic troll weenie mewling some embarrassing nonsense will help clarify right?

NEXT!

And before anyone can whine Im being 'abrasive', I merely shovelling right back at macfury exactly the same crap he has swiped at tons of members who gave up and left for quite some time. Why do you think the other few members here refuse to set foot in here?

How do you like it now dipshit?

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
... duplicate post

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
And before anyone can whine Im being 'abrasive', I merely shovelling right back at macfury exactly the same crap he has swiped at tons of members who gave up and left for quite some time.
"I'm not being a troll, because Macfury was a troll first!!" said the grown up.

Why do you think the other few members here refuse to set foot in here?
It's cute you think you aren't part of the problem.

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
Listen. I understand maybe you haven’t been here as long as a few others. No one really, has ever been able to have a rational discussion here with macfury or his cohorts around. So that’s why you’ll see former members once in a while come by and either give up, take funny names and goad, because we all know. I’m sure you’re trying and I’m sorry if you’re caught in the crossfire. And yeah, some of my posts are pretty troll like because, I'm imitating some of macfury's tactics. Badly probably. But you get the point by now.

So don’t complain to me because people just make excuses for the guy. Ignore him then! pffft. . I’m just giving back what he gives. He wants to goad and wind people up? Well fine. I’ll do it back. This place became a shithole that everyone fled when the past owner said oh just ignore him! Pretended it was everyone else that was the problem and then just let these jackasses continue to ruin the place. One of them, actually said, and I quote, “get rid of groovetube and everything will go back to normal. That was 7 years ago.

Is everything back to normal yet? He’s already moderating his goading after I’ve called him out. That’s a good thing! Come on. Someone say if I leave ya’ll can go back to normal. I need the laugh.

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Tuesday, April 6, 2021

A message from Opposition Leader Rachel Notley concerning the draft curriculum released by the Alberta UCP government:

ALBERTA NDP COMMITS TO REVERSING JASON KENNEY’S CURRICULUM, BUILDING NEW MATERIAL THROUGH BROAD PUBLIC CONSULTATION

An NDP Government would reverse the backwards changes to the provincial Kindergarten to Grade 6 curriculum put forward by Jason Kenney and the UCP and launch broad public consultations before introducing new drafts to pilot in Alberta’s classrooms.

Assuming the provincial election is held in Spring 2023 and if I am successful in being elected, the goal would be to have new drafts of the Kindergarten to Grade 4 curriculum in classrooms by fall 2024. Drafts for later grades would follow in subsequent years and all Albertans would have the ability to provide input on the curriculum drafts.

We have been overwhelmed with concerns from students, parents, teachers, subject matter experts and more about the curriculum put forward by Jason Kenney and his friends. We’ve heard from Albertans that the curriculum being proposed will not prepare students for advanced education, for their careers and for their lives in general.

In fact, this curriculum jeopardizes our economy by not providing children with the essential critical-thinking skills they need to succeed in a modern workplace and by implementing outdated educational practices that discourage more parents from choosing Alberta.

This UCP government's curriculum was built in secret, and edited by hand-picked political advisors, including one with systemically discriminatory views. You cannot – and should not — build curriculum without broad buy-in from Albertans. This isn’t about Jason Kenney and his ideology, this is about Alberta’s education and the learning and skills we pass on to our future leaders.

Contrary to repeated claims that the NDP curriculum rewrite was politicized, the truth is it was developed in concert with tens of thousands of educators, subject-matter experts and parents.

Alberta’s NDP has been fielding specific complaints about the proposed curriculum at KidsDeserveBetter.ca. Since Thursday, thousands of submissions have been received and many more have come through emails, phone calls and social media messages.

Five Alberta school boards have already said they won’t pilot the Kenney curriculum — and it’s only been a week. This harmful material is based on forcing young children to memorize long lists of trivia, rather than building their learning and understanding skills. It contains errors, it replaces important elements of Canadian history with American history and it deliberately removes or delays teaching the history, art, faith and culture of Albertans with non-European backgrounds.

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
Sadly, no party ever returns to power after being vanquished in Alberta.

·
Premium Member
5,384 Posts
I was expecting to see some hot button issues that were trying to be taught or not taught. I laughed when I read what was in the curriculum. I will say it all sounds very interesting, save the jazz bit. Definitely seems like it might be a little dense for 6 year olds.

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
I was expecting to see some hot button issues that were trying to be taught or not taught. I laughed when I read what was in the curriculum. I will say it all sounds very interesting, save the jazz bit. Definitely seems like it might be a little dense for 6 year olds.
There is an awful lot of emphasis on American history, which makes sense since it was lifted from an American curriculum. Common Core from Virginia, I believe.

·
Premium Member
17,954 Posts
Alberta NDP would likely form majority if election held today, new poll suggests

If an election in Alberta were held today, the NDP would likely win a majority, as support for the governing United Conservative Party plummets, according to a new poll commissioned by CBC News.

The poll, conducted in March and April, suggests all parts of the province are souring on the current government, with declines in Calgary, smaller municipalities and rural areas. But it also shows a fractured electorate, with a sizable chunk of voters looking for a third option.

It also shows Premier Jason Kenney's approval falling precipitously since he was first elected.

The findings are more bad news for a party that has struggled to overcome persistent economic challenges and the pandemic, and which is now facing a caucus revolt over public health restrictions. They could indicate a turbulent near future as Alberta navigates a socio-economic and political crossroads.

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Alberta NDP would likely form majority if election held today, new poll suggests

If an election in Alberta were held today, the NDP would likely win a majority, as support for the governing United Conservative Party plummets, according to a new poll commissioned by CBC News.

The poll, conducted in March and April, suggests all parts of the province are souring on the current government, with declines in Calgary, smaller municipalities and rural areas. But it also shows a fractured electorate, with a sizable chunk of voters looking for a third option.

It also shows Premier Jason Kenney's approval falling precipitously since he was first elected.

The findings are more bad news for a party that has struggled to overcome persistent economic challenges and the pandemic, and which is now facing a caucus revolt over public health restrictions. They could indicate a turbulent near future as Alberta navigates a socio-economic and political crossroads.

Good news and not entirely surprising. Jason Kenney has botched his premiership. He’s also a terrible gambler. He botched the Keystone XL by betting that Trump would win, he botched our pension money by investing everything in AimCo, and he’s botched the pandemic response with half-measures. He’s pissed off the medical community in the midst of a pandemic, he’s shut down family businesses while allowing Walmart and Costco to remain open and enjoy record profits, he didn’t shutter GraceLife when he should have, and 16 of his own MLA’s are revolting on him. He’s not a particularly effective leader.

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
Notley could have moved several pipeline projects during her tenure but chose to play to her small base instead. Pandemic will be over by the next election and Kenney will win, although I still shake my head over the WildRose defection to the PCs that could have turned into a political dynasty.

·
Premium Member
17,744 Posts
he botched our pension money by investing everything in AimCo,
Very dumb

He’s pissed off the medical community in the midst of a pandemic,
Laying off half of the provincial medical cleaning staff in the midst of a misproclaimed panicdemic was indeed a bad move. If it was as scary as proclaimed why lay off those tasked with keeping the environment sterile?

he’s shut down family businesses while allowing Walmart and Costco to remain open and enjoy record profits,
Again incidental transmission of SARs-2 is almost unheard of. When those who test positive for SARs but are asymptomatic, are isolated for extended periods of time (days or weeks) with others, the rate of transmission is under 1%. Shutting down any business at this point is clearly intended to destroy those businesses and has absolutely nothing to do with protecting public health.

he didn’t shutter GraceLife when he should have, and 16 of his own MLA’s are revolting on him. He’s not a particularly effective leader.
Again zero cases of SARs-2 transmission, for the same reasons outlined above. Pretty much totally ignored on the lamestream, but the truth is he has surrounded the church with two sets of fences and turned it into an RCMP Staßi compound, complete with two SWAT teams. The pastor was placed in maximum security for 35 days, even though should he eventually be found guilty, none of the charges against him carried jail time. A sizeable portion of the Kenney base claims to be religious, and I can assure you the reason they are pissed revolves around this gross mistreatment of Grace Life and its pastor. Of course the RiNOs (Religous in Name Only) might have some difficulty comprehending how truly evil the Kenney-TrueDope attacks on the religious communities truly are.

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
A sizeable portion of the Kenney base claims to be religious, and I can assure you the reason they are pissed revolves around this gross mistreatment of Grace Life and its pastor. Of course the RiNOs (Religous in Name Only) might have some difficulty comprehending how truly evil the Kenney-TrueDope attacks on the religious communities truly are.
I doubt they will seek solace with the NDP.

·
Premium Member
17,744 Posts
More on Grace Life. To put it so simply even a Kovid Kool-aid addict can comprehend:
Thirteen months in Deena Hinshaw and the Kenney Kabal still can't produce any evidence supporting the need for lock downs or any of the other tyrannical measures currently in place.
Court permits Government to avoid producing Dr. Hinshaw’s evidence on lockdowns at May 3 trial of Pastor James Coates | Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms
“We are now in our thirteenth month of Charter-violating lockdowns, in what was supposed to be a temporary two-week measure to flatten the curve. By May 3, the government will have had fourteen months to assemble proper medical and scientific evidence to justify lockdowns and the resulting violations of our fundamental Charter freedoms. For the Alberta Government to request that it not be required to provide evidence on May 3 in support of Dr. Hinshaw’s Orders, while at the same time barricading the church, is both reprehensible and pathetic,” states Mr. Carpay.

“The Alberta government supposedly has enough medical and scientific evidence to shut down hundreds of small businesses, pushing many of them into bankruptcy, and to cancel over 20,000 medically necessary surgeries, and to force Albertans into a third lockdown. But when asked to produce this medical and scientific evidence at trial, the Alberta government declares itself incapable of doing so,” continues Mr. Carpay.

“Albertans who are suffering financially, emotionally and mentally under another lockdown, with more restrictions being threatened, are rightfully going to be outraged at this news,” notes Carpay.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
More on Grace Life. To put it so simply even a Kovid Kool-aid addict can comprehend:
Thirteen months in Deena Hinshaw and the Kenney Kabal still can't produce any evidence supporting the need for lock downs or any of the other tyrannical measures currently in place.
Court permits Government to avoid producing Dr. Hinshaw’s evidence on lockdowns at May 3 trial of Pastor James Coates | Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms
How about keeping this in the coronavirus thread, instead of derailing this topic as well?

25181 - 25197 of 25197 Posts