Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

25161 - 25180 of 25197 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
The use of this sort of bureaucratic might to investigate rivals happens on both sides of the political spectrum, depending on who has the power in the estanblishment. It's simply an indication that the state has too much power, not that it is being used against the "wrong" people. Look at how contractors in the U.S. were using the NSA surveillance database to check on ther wives, girlfriends and daughters' boyfriends.
Yep definitely the fault of the "estanblishment".

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
When in doubt, blame the establishment!

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
I would extend that to the estanblishment.

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
I don’t think that fruit was even hanging.

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
Pffft the Calgary herald. They stopped being a credible conservative voice years ago.

;)

I don’t know a lot of albertan politocs just what I hear from friends and family. Kenny isn’t doing so well which is little surprise.

Doug Ford here Isn’t much better. It’s hard to imagine any dumber than this bag of hammers, but I’d rather not find out... But the alternatives aren’t so appealing and clear so it’s tough to predict what’ll happen.

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
I wonder where I can find a credible conservative voice that liberals will trust.

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
That's why I'm looking for additional credible conservative voices other than myself. The responsibility is a bit much to bear at times.

Well there’s you, Macfury! We always hang on to every word you say.

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
Just put your sources in the right order. If you can't confirm with me, probably best to dismiss it.

*too But you can do it! We believe in you! And the Epoch Times is pretty good too!

·
Premium Member
17,744 Posts
It would appear some of Dr. G's concerns regarding medically assisted deaths were well founded. The BC NDP has turned his words into prophesy. Why let a patient who chooses to do so, wait for nature to take it's course? This is after all the entire purpose of hospice care.

Headline is somewhat misleading, they were ordered to allow medically assisted suicide on site, as opposed to transferring anyone who chose medial suicide to a hospital. I believe the b4$t4rd$ have seized the property but am still trying to confirm that.

DELTA, British Columbia, January 6, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) — The British Columbia government is ordering a palliative care hospice to allow its patients to be killed onsite through “medically-assisted death,” or euthanasia, by February 3.

Fraser Health Authority (FHA) issued the deadline to the Delta Hospice Society in late December but did not specify the consequences if it does not comply, reported the Delta Optimist.

It’s the latest development in the society’s long-running battle to prevent the lethal injection of patients onsite at the 10-bed Irene Thomas Hospice it runs in a suburb of Delta, a city south of Vancouver.

·
Premium Member
5,384 Posts
It would appear some of Dr. G's concerns regarding medically assisted deaths were well founded. The BC NDP has turned his words into prophesy. Why let a patient who chooses to do so, wait for nature to take it's course? This is after all the entire purpose of hospice care.

Headline is somewhat misleading, they were ordered to allow medically assisted suicide on site, as opposed to transferring anyone who chose medial suicide to a hospital. I believe the b4$t4rd$ have seized the property but am still trying to confirm that.

This is the scary thing that in order to get anything from the Government you need to subscribe to things that would go against most churches and other faith organizations beliefs. I know funding was cut off for Churches that would not agree to the governments ideology for youth summer employment. This is very worrying as where does it end?

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
I also heard that if you don't wear goat leggings and sacrifice babies to the god of Beelzebub, they'll put you into re-education camps.

I find this equally disturbing.

·
Premium Member
5,384 Posts
I also heard that if you don't wear goat leggings and sacrifice babies to the god of Beelzebub, they'll put you into re-education camps.

Not sure what your point is, are you trying to say it is not a big deal having a government trying to dictate values? Or are you against religious organizations being involved in charity completely? This may not be a huge thing right now but it is a slippery slope. Of course if you want to head into some Orwellian world where the government controls what you think and believe then this is just a step in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
17,744 Posts

Does not surprise me in the least that the Kovid Kool-aid Krew should fail to comprehend the serious of the BC hospice issue. Further proof that wearing masks for extended periods causes brain damage.

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
Not sure what your point is, are you trying to say it is not a big deal having a government trying to dictate values? Or are you against religious organizations being involved in charity completely? This may not be a huge thing right now but it is a slippery slope. Of course if you want to head into some Orwellian world where the government controls what you think and believe then this is just a step in the right direction.
My point is your post is without any merit without specific examples. Just sweeping declarations without any qualifications seems to be the way on social media I guess.

I merely exemplified this silliness of it all. Garbage in, garbage out as they say.

This is what passes for political debate these days?

bleh.

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
Does not surprise me in the least that the Kovid Kool-aid Krew should fail to comprehend the serious of the BC hospice issue. Further proof that wearing masks for extended periods causes brain damage.
Oh stop it. Have you gone down to the ERs in your nearest city's hospitals yet to tell all the doctors and nurses who wear masks often for 12-18 hour shifts, often doubled up with face shields that it causes brain damage? And they're all idiots and Kool aid drinkers? 'cause if you don't we won't take you seriously.

Please post the selfie video of this if you do. :) we wanna see.

·
Premium Member
5,384 Posts
My point is your post is without any merit without specific examples. Just sweeping declarations without any qualifications seems to be the way on social media I guess.

I merely exemplified this silliness of it all. Garbage in, garbage out as they say.

This is what passes for political debate these days?

bleh.
How is it without merit? The federal government makes charity groups sign an acknowledgement that they respect charter rights, including "women's rights and women's reproductive rights.

The issue is the reproductive rights aka abortion. If you do not sign this you cannot receive funding. Not to get into an abortion argument, I think I understand both sides though disagree with abortion. I can see not having an issue with it if I did not believe the fetus was a human being. On the other hand if you believe that life begins at conception than how could anyone agree with the murder of the unborn yet equally as important and valuable as the rest? I assumed what the federal government did was common knowledge but now that I think about it if I did not move in the circles I do I don't think I would be aware of it either.

·
peek-a-boo
16,426 Posts
Well gee, if Im supposed to get outraged, it's important I think anyways, to know what one is to be outraged at! I didn't realize that one can just make some sweeping statements without any examples or really anything at all, and we're supposed to go... yeah! Trudeau bad! I already know the guy is a jackass.

But what I didn't see coming, was that it's over demanding that government funded charities, assert that they respect women's rights. And included in that, is a women's right to choose, as the prohibition on abortion was struck down, and if you have political aims to challenge that, do it on someone else's dime thank you.

NEXT!

25161 - 25180 of 25197 Posts