ehMac banner

25141 - 25157 of 25157 Posts

·
peek-a-boo
16,233 Posts
What a shallow and bitter person you seem to be. Why? Why not just be happy someone has returned to this rather lifeless forum?
he still thinks the trolling and useless windups is "challenging posts". Countless people tried to counter this nonsense but eventually gave up. I looked back a little and I don't see anything that can be considered as challenging anything in any way. The taunts of you don't know how things work and yer gonna be surprised well, I guess that's about as good as it gets I suppose. Its just disappointing, but that's social media for you.

·
Premium Member
42,336 Posts
I'll just have to live with your opinion of me. A heavy burden to bear, but there you have it!

What a shallow and bitter person you seem to be. Why? Why not just be happy someone has returned to this rather lifeless forum?

·
peek-a-boo
16,233 Posts
I think we’re just waiting to hear more about how Hugo Chavez made the dominion machines vote for Biden! Maybe the machines made people eat babies too. Isn’t that what you trump/Qanon sorts believe?

·
Premium Member
42,336 Posts
I thought you were out of time! Couldn't keep away, eh?

·
Canadian By Choice
116,701 Posts
Yes, welcome back a fellow ehMacLander. Paix, mon ami.

·
peek-a-boo
16,233 Posts
Well I know the lay of the land. It took about 5 posts and already he’s fixated on my working schedule. I don’t think he’s had this much interaction in a while!

Imagine if the conversation suddenly swung to Canadian politics. Crazier things have happened!

·
Premium Member
42,336 Posts
Stop talking about me and I might believe you are interested in Canadian politics.

By the way, I watched that performance of Skylab at the Horseshoe on YouTube. That was great work! The Monks were under-rated.

·
peek-a-boo
16,233 Posts
wow, you found a fun full night almost a decade ago! Did you watch the combo with no shame? John Ford from the monks was there and got up with us a few songs later.

·
Premium Member
42,336 Posts
Yes, I did, right through Ford's appearance. I was looking for the original Skylab video, found that one and watched it straight through. It was a great performance. You guys were really rocking it! Skylab was one of my favourite tracks on that album, with its echoes of the Tornadoes' Telstar.

wow, you found a fun full night almost a decade ago! Did you watch the combo with no shame? John Ford from the monks was there and got up with us a few songs later.

·
peek-a-boo
16,233 Posts
Well that’s great. There’s lots of stuff out there, I’ve never hidden. Sometimes there’s someone who comes along and thinks it’s funny to use it to be an ass. I tend to prefer interacting on personal or opinion stuff mostly with people I know, or have a good sense of who they are if I havent met them. I ’ve always found conversations much better in those cases. When it’s someone you haven’t a clue and it devolves into nonsense, it’s never a satisfying exchange.

·
Premium Member
17,731 Posts
I've never hidden my dislike of TwoFaceBook. Today there was a rather insulting ad from the Liebarrels featuring a video of Justa TwoFace hisself. Did the obvious and reported the ad, but was faced with a bit of a dilemma. Had to choose just one category when all of them applied equally. Really there should be an 'All of the Above' button
Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 8.37.14 AM.png

·
Premium Member
5,358 Posts
I don't use Facebook so that helps. I have marked all sorts of things for adds that I have no interest in or find inappropriate but it does not seem to do anything, they keep shovelling me the same stuff.

·
peek-a-boo
16,233 Posts
That’s probably because their framework likely figures out of someone constantly labels something they deem incorrect and results in nothing. But if you successfully label stuff and the odd one you nail they may take notice.

may.

·
Premium Member
17,947 Posts
isn't it just so fascinating that the only time we ever hear of these nefarious monitoring of private citizens by agents of the state, those being monitored are in the majority (universally?) folks on the "Left"? You know, the ones who are concerned with such dastardly causes as environmental protection, poverty, indigenous rights, anti-war, etc.

I'm not going to excerpt this story - it should be read in its entirety:

Alberta MLA was monitored by 5 different police officers, documents show
Lethbridge police repeatedly searched Shannon Phillips's personal information in their database

(CBC)​

·
Premium Member
5,358 Posts
isn't it just so fascinating that the only time we ever hear of these nefarious monitoring of private citizens by agents of the state, those being monitored are in the majority (universally?) folks on the "Left"? You know, the ones who are concerned with such dastardly causes as environmental protection, poverty, indigenous rights, anti-war, etc.

I'm not going to excerpt this story - it should be read in its entirety:
Alberta MLA was monitored by 5 different police officers, documents show
Lethbridge police repeatedly searched Shannon Phillips's personal information in their database
(CBC)​
I am surprised flags do not come up when any member of Government is searched by whatever control and review board the Police have. I know they do for celebrities. My brother is a police officer and this came up in discussion some years back that if he tried to search a celebrity, say Justin Bieber as an example, it was would raise some flags and he would most likely be contacted to make sure he had grounds for searching the personal information they have access to. I would think the same would come up with politicians. Not that police cannot search or investigate but they would need to show cause.

25141 - 25157 of 25157 Posts