ehMac banner

25101 - 25120 of 25157 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,731 Posts
What does this have to do with the article about Kenney’s plummeting popularity? Honestly, I think you’re starting to lose it.
Was responding to this part of your quote, with which you are clearly in complete and total agreement.

But another reason may be Kenney’s odd constitutional musings and his desire to hang on to the UCP’s ideological base.

It almost defies belief, for instance, that the premier would exempt anti-mask demonstrators from the new mandatory rule that limits outdoor gatherings to 10 people.
BTW what defies belief is limiting outdoors gatherings at all. Again air exchange in an outdoor environment is hundreds and even thousands of times faster than inside. Limiting size, anti-social distancing and masks are completely pointless outside. Makes it awfully clear that none of these bums are in the least concerned with our health. If it was any clearer even Freddie and CM could see it.

·
Premium Member
17,731 Posts
Another Rex Murphy article that's sure to have the Politically Correct types howling in fury.
https://nationalpost.com/opinion/re...pFSp_Hnw8sJYV3m8nJgg6Nc1GDP4V78qmdEAv5ZNAiAh0

Dorsey and his plutocratic allies may have the “right” to strip-mine all opposing views from their so-called platforms, but they should not simultaneously be allowed to preach that they are open, and empowering, and speaking truth to power — or, most importantly, to deny that they are agents and activists in the great political struggle of our times.

·
Premium Member
17,947 Posts
Nice to wake up to more good news....

This deplorable Harper appointee is finally getting the message - her prejudice is no longer welcome. A shame our tax dollars will continue to provide for her well-being...

Lynn Beyak, the senator who defended residential schools, is resigning

Lynn Beyak, the controversial senator from northwestern Ontario with a long history of making inflammatory remarks about Indigenous peoples, is resigning from the Red Chamber.

Beyak, who was named to the Senate by then-prime minister Stephen Harper in 2013, is leaving just as other members of the upper house were preparing to consider a motion from Independent Sen. Mary Jane McCallum to permanently remove her from the upper house.

Beyak, 71, is leaving three years before her mandatory retirement date.

While Beyak has been suspended from the Senate twice — for questionable comments about the Indigenous residential school system and for posting racist letters on her taxpayer-funded website — an expulsion might have had financial consequences for her, since it would have allowed Parliament to curtail her lifetime pension.

(CBC)​

·
Premium Member
17,731 Posts
Sorry CM while I disagree with some things Beyak has said, it is crucial to maintain her right to say them. The Senate can of course make it very clear that they unanimously disagree with her, but that is as far as it should ever go.

The entire point of free speech is in that first word. Being free to say what you believe. What you believe may not be true, or it may be true but in complete disagreement with the current popular narrative. Either way it should never be curtailed. Even if we are talking about Senators who are generally appointed to represent special interests, at the expense of most Canadians.

·
Premium Member
17,947 Posts
Sorry CM while I disagree with some things Beyak has said, it is crucial to maintain her right to say them. The Senate can of course make it very clear that they unanimously disagree with her, but that is as far as it should ever go.
Take it up with her Conservative colleagues in the Senate who supported her censure. There are limits to free speech, as there should be.

·
Premium Member
17,731 Posts
Take it up with her Conservative colleagues in the Senate who supported her censure. There are limits to free speech, as there should be.
And disagreeing with the current narrative should never be one of the limits. Failing that, one living in Germany during the 1930s would have to agree with Hitler's views on Jews, Roma, Poles, Homosexuals.... After all that was the official narrative at that time, in that place and dissent was not allowed. That and the Stalin purges should serve as bleak reminders of where censorship and censure can lead.

Censorship and censure are the tools of tyrants. Whether they be Stalin, Hitler or the current crop of globalists.

·
peek-a-boo
16,234 Posts
Im guessing this is an exchange that won't go anywhere. Unfortunately, too many people's brains just freezes at that word, 'free'. Thats where it ends for them, and nothing will ever get them to stop and consider that perhaps, free speech, while 'free', isn't without consequences. No one ever said Trump cant say what he says anywhere else. But this detail completely escapes them.

·
Premium Member
5,386 Posts
Im guessing this is an exchange that won't go anywhere. Unfortunately, too many people's brains just freezes at that word, 'free'. Thats where it ends for them, and nothing will ever get them to stop and consider that perhaps, free speech, while 'free', isn't without consequences. No one ever said Trump cant say what he says anywhere else. But this detail completely escapes them.
The rights of your fist ends where the rights of my nose begins. There is no freedom without responsibility. Too bad too many people skip that part of the lesson.

·
Premium Member
17,731 Posts

Not sure how Trump weaseled his way into this discussion. Must be more of that Freddie math rearing its ugly head.

·
peek-a-boo
16,234 Posts
See? That’s why you don’t even engage these idiots. Now it completely forgets the article it posted about twitter and trump.

This is how the social media numbskullery goes.

·
Premium Member
5,386 Posts
See? That’s why you don’t even engage these idiots. Now it completely forgets the article it posted about twitter and trump.

Exactement as the French would say. Some people are just not worth the effort.

·
Premium Member
17,731 Posts

Actually we were talking about Senator Beyak. Trump is the American thread, so maybe Freddie-Reading is as problematic as Freddie-Math.

·
Premium Member
17,731 Posts
Despite efforts to Trump the Canadian thread it is the Canadian Political Thread.

Is anyone surprised by this? Does the Kool-Aid crowd even remember SNC-Lavalin?

https://www.blacklocks.ca/150m-more...2UHTiIyTCWnMmB24EsFe7VbHEklutu0BH6DoAMomT4FoQ
SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. was awarded a $150 million pandemic contract despite former executives being cited for bid-rigging, fraud, bribery and illegal campaign contributions, records show. Opposition MPs have questioned why the Québec engineering firm is not blacklisted as a federal contractor: “We look like a banana republic.”

·
Premium Member
17,731 Posts

·
peek-a-boo
16,234 Posts

·
peek-a-boo
16,234 Posts
He’s an attention whore, what can we say?
Man.7 years I didn’t log in here. What a sad state this place is now. I guess truth and facts didn’t quite happen now did it? At least a few decent posters come by, but the trolling still happens and that’s too bad. Some say it keeps things alive. I’d say the opposite. Disagreement and lively go arounds so are one thing, but this brainless sh!!t just drives people away. Me included.

·
Premium Member
5,386 Posts
I just try to ignore those who aren’t likely to converse civilly. Doesn’t always work, but I soldier on.

25101 - 25120 of 25157 Posts