Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 Out of 4 U.S. Internet Users Streamed Video Online in May

According to this study, 3 out of 4 users streamed video online in May, the top sites being from Google (This includes YouTube).

I find this funny because neither YouTube or Google Video using streaming video, they use Progressive Download!!! I hate when people throw around buzzwords to fit what they are doing, especially high level corporations like this.

I was so angry I sent them a hefty email explaining the differences between Streaming and Progressive Download video and asked for an explanation as to why they labeling YouTube and Google as video streamers.

I can assue you, 3 out of 4 users did NOT watch streaming video in May, maybe 1 in 1000 did.

*sigh*

Sorry, thats my Rant for today.

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
technically, isn't it the server which streams the video, making the claim "3 Out of 4 U.S. Internet Users Streamed Video Online in May" even less true?

i'm hopping mad!

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
this will annoy you. i checked the wikipedia article on streaming media while composing my post above, and encountered this:

Streaming media storage size (in the common file system measurements mebibytes, gibibytes, tebibytes, and so on) is calculated from streaming bandwidth and length of the media with the following formula (for a single user and file):
what might **** you off even more is the fact that i didn't bother to correct it. ;)

but you can if you want to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streaming_media

1 - 3 of 3 Posts