·
Premium Member
10,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #981 ·
Reactions: Dr.G.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,642 Posts
Should be interested as the Yanks have 6 games left with the Sox and 7 left with the Jays....a sweep by either might seal the deal.
We shall see. My SF Giants are still #1 in the Major Leagues.

·
Premium Member
10,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #983 ·
We shall see. My SF Giants are still #1 in the Major Leagues.
Yes, and with 71 wins they are sitting fairly well. Sadly they are finished with the Dodgers. My choice in SD looks like it’s in trouble....the Reds are on a roll so it could be Giants, Dodgers and Reds in the playoffs.

Yanks, Boston are in series mode...so, all they have to do is win series to secure a playoff spot...I think the Jays are in game mode....they have to win games...it’s harder to win games than series...but we shall see...but I’m not hopeful they will get to the WC.

·
Premium Member
10,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #984 ·
A little MLB history for you…

• Wow

·
Canadian By Choice
117,642 Posts
A little MLB history for you…
Harvey Haddix should be on that list.

·
Premium Member
10,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #986 ·
Harvey Haddix should be on that list.
I think Haddix is a “yes but”....as he didn’t actually have a no hitter when he lost, if memory serves me...but he did pitch 13 I think. Can’t remember the team.....but his feat my never be broken due to pitchers being pulled after 5 and the man on second extra inning rule.

As an aside, the rumble is no pitcher hitting next year...thoughts...I think if they do that might as well change the WS to one league knockout tourney.....I’m not a full purist but there is a difference in play between the two leagues which this rule change will destroy.....

·
Canadian By Choice
117,642 Posts
I think Haddix is a “yes but”....as he didn’t actually have a no hitter when he lost, if memory serves me...but he did pitch 13 I think. Can’t remember the team.....but his feat my never be broken due to pitchers being pulled after 5 and the man on second extra inning rule.

As an aside, the rumble is no pitcher hitting next year...thoughts...I think if they do that might as well change the WS to one league knockout tourney.....I’m not a full purist but there is a difference in play between the two leagues which this rule change will destroy.....
True, about HH.

·
Premium Member
10,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #988 ·

·
Canadian By Choice
117,642 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #992 ·
Interesting article. Baseball is slowly becoming a world game....that in itself would change the colour of the game as more and more different nations have MLB players from those countries. MLB has players from at least 20 different countries outside the U.S. These players not only bring their skill but also insight into the game. I don’t think the ***** Leagues get enough credit for how they improved the game. Prior to African American players getting into MLB it was a station to station game, but the ***** League was more active on the base paths and in creating runs.....Stat Guys aside, these global players will highly influence the game if GMs let them.

·
Premium Member
10,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #998 ·
Will be interesting, but the Jays don’t play any of the hunters except the Yanks...which are the final three games. Seattle and Oakland are only a game behind. Leading teams seem to have had a lull..which is normal but poorly timed....with about 23 games left the winning streak is important....any lull by the Jays will be fine as long as Seattle and Oakland follow suit. The AL East may be more fun to watch than the NL West.

981 - 998 of 998 Posts