Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
961 - 980 of 1023 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #961 ·
Still, John McGraw did it all in one less season.
I think the real issue is season length. Mack managed when the season was 140 games, then 154 games and I think one season at 162 games……so a 22 game season spread doesn’t seem to do his record Justice. If I only managed in 162 game seasons I have a greater chance for a higher win total but not necessarily a high win percent……don’t you love baseball number guys……

Reactions: Dr.G.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Interesting

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
So would that be an example of kismet..........
Yes, if you believe in predestination/preordination/predetermination ............... but I think it was a coincidence.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Phillies ace Aaron Nola ties Tom Seaver's 51-year-old MLB record with 10 consecutive strikeouts -- Seaver struck out 10 batters in a row on April 22, 1970

·
Premium Member
10,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #966 ·
Phillies ace Aaron Nola ties Tom Seaver's 51-year-old MLB record with 10 consecutive strikeouts -- Seaver struck out 10 batters in a row on April 22, 1970
Watched that game last night….man the Phillies need defence help….

·
Premium Member
10,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #967 ·
Okay, so this question is not for purists......I already know your answer.....but in watching the Mets game last night it was 13-3 Mets in the bottom of the 8th.....one out....then the rain delay. So...should they introduce a mercy rule in baseball? With the changes such as a 7 inning game in a double header ( which I don’t really oppose ) , a man on second to end a tie, is now the time to put in a mercy rule....say after the 7th inning and a 10 run lead?

Thoughts......

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Okay, so this question is not for purists......I already know your answer.....but in watching the Mets game last night it was 13-3 Mets in the bottom of the 8th.....one out....then the rain delay. So...should they introduce a mercy rule in baseball? With the changes such as a 7 inning game in a double header ( which I don’t really oppose ) , a man on second to end a tie, is now the time to put in a mercy rule....say after the 7th inning and a 10 run lead?

Thoughts......
Play on, Macduff. Don't restart the game, but continue the next time the two teams meet. If they don't, give the win and stats to the Mets.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #970 ·
"
'Cleveland baseball team to rebrand as the Guardians, dropping 'Indians' name after more than 100 years
Cleveland had previously said it would change its name, a decision that came after years of pressure and protest from Native American groups and others who viewed the name as racist."
Don’t have a problem with it. I mean we are now into dinosaurs and fictional beasts so the Guardians seems fine. The Eskimos changed their name to The Elks....I wrote them saying that Eskie is an Austrailian term for a cooler or ice chest...ironic I think..but Elks it is.
The Kraken and Raptors are a bit of a stretch...and in The CFL the Red-Blacks...so I’m waiting for the Yankees to be forced to change as there name.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Don’t have a problem with it. I mean we are now into dinosaurs and fictional beasts so the Guardians seems fine. The Eskimos changed their name to The Elks....I wrote them saying that Eskie is an Austrailian term for a cooler or ice chest...ironic I think..but Elks it is.
The Kraken and Raptors are a bit of a stretch...and in The CFL the Red-Blacks...so I’m waiting for the Yankees to be forced to change as there name.
What would the new name of the Yankees be in NYC?

·
Premium Member
10,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #972 ·
What would the new name of the Yankees be in NYC?
Well history has the Highlanders...but the Bombers fits....as in Bronx Bombers...

·
Premium Member
10,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #977 ·
Marc, I think the biggest sin is that with 60 games left....the Dodgers and the Giants do not meet each other again this regular season....absolute crime MLB can’t let a schedule like this come out again.

·
Premium Member
10,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #979 ·
961 - 980 of 1023 Posts