·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #922
This just in from the Washington Post -- "
Major League Baseball's Opening Day in Washington postponed as coronavirus issues disrupt Mets-Nationals game
The Nationals were scheduled to start their season at home against the Mets as baseball began anew across the country. But now Thursday's game has been postponed, one day after Washington General Manager Mike Rizzo announced that a Nats player had tested positive for the virus and several others were in quarantine."

"
I think this won’t be the last.....

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #925

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #926
A trivia question for you....what team, in the modern era of baseball, finished last a record 32 times.......

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
A trivia question for you....what team, in the modern era of baseball, finished last a record 32 times.......
The Philadelphia Phillies, but I only know this because I had a friend who grew up in Milton, PA, just outside of Philadelphia, and we would talk about how bad the NY Mets were in their first 7 years, and how poor the Phillies were as a franchise.

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #928
The Philadelphia Phillies, but I only know this because I had a friend who grew up in Milton, PA, just outside of Philadelphia, and we would take about how bad the NY Mets were in their first 7 years, and how poor the Phillies were as a franchise.
Yup! You are correct! It was the Blue Jays.......but that’s another story.

Reactions: Dr.G.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #930
This just in from the Washington Post "
MLB will move the 2021 All-Star Game out of Atlanta amid criticism of Georgia's new voting law
Backlash to the state's voting law continued Friday, when MLB joined a number of businesses that had already voiced their opposition to the measure. "Major League Baseball fundamentally supports voting rights for all Americans and opposes restrictions to the ballot box," Commissioner Rob Manfred said in a statement.

"
Denver here we come?

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #931
A quiz for you, rank in order from least to most the following: immaculate inning, no hitters and perfect games......

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
A quiz for you, rank in order from least to most the following: immaculate inning, no hitters and perfect games......
Not sure what you are asking us to do, Rp. Perfect game would go to Don Larsen.

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #933
Not sure what you are asking us to do, Rp. Perfect game would go to Don Larsen.
Hi. Marc, I’m looking for order of occurrence...perfect games..which I think is 27, next immaculate innings...which is a surprising 80, to no hitters, which are 305. We always talk about no hitters but they are more prevalent than immaculate innings....

Reactions: Dr.G.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
74 years ago today, Jack Robinson broke baseball's color barrier. Today, MLB honors his life, his courage and trailblazing legacy with all players wearing his #42.

921 - 934 of 934 Posts