Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

881 - 900 of 934 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
No more baseball for this season. Hopefully, there will be a somewhat regular season next year. We shall see.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
The Chicago White Sox have hired Tony La Russa as their new manager. La Russa hasn't managed since winning the 2011 World Series.

An interesting selection.

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #883
The Chicago White Sox have hired Tony La Russa as their new manager. La Russa hasn't managed since winning the 2011 World Series.

An interesting selection.
I heard this, La Russa has to be older than Biden isn’t he?

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
November 1st, 2010 - SF Giants World Series Champions ……………. first time since 1954

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::love2::love2::love2::love2::love2:

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #886
Well another sports team is looking to change its nick name......Cleveland is dropping Chief Wahoo.....about time really....and their name. Personally I don’t see a problem with the Indians...if that goes so should The Chiefs, Seminoles, Utes, Eskimos, Blackhawks and probably many others.

My choice would be a toss back in history and call them the Cleveland Spiders....the name Cleveland baseball had in the late 1880 when they were members of the American Association. They could however take their cue from the old National League custom of just calling the Team by its city name.....which is where the Phillies came from...although the owners wanted to call them the Blue Jays at one time.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Well another sports team is looking to change its nick name......Cleveland is dropping Chief Wahoo.....about time really....and their name. Personally I don’t see a problem with the Indians...if that goes so should The Chiefs, Seminoles, Utes, Eskimos, Blackhawks and probably many others.

My choice would be a toss back in history and call them the Cleveland Spiders....the name Cleveland baseball had in the late 1880 when they were members of the American Association. They could however take their cue from the old National League custom of just calling the Team by its city name.....which is where the Phillies came from...although the owners wanted to call them the Blue Jays at one time.
:clap::clap::clap:

I would support the name of the Cleveland Spiders.

·
Premium Member
17,744 Posts

Hmmm The Cleveland Cleavers? Or how about the Cleavelnad Cleavage? That last one would probably shock the PC types out of their jock straps, but what titillating promotional possibilities.:D

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Hmmm The Cleveland Cleavers? Or how about the Cleavelnad Cleavage? That last one would probably shock the PC types out of their jock straps, but what titillating promotional possibilities.:D
:eek::eek::eek::lmao::lmao::lmao:

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #890
So would Cleveland teams could play for the B-Cup.....

·
Premium Member
17,744 Posts
So would Cleveland teams could play for the B-Cup.....
With lots of support they might just slip under the wire, or they could push up and free themselves from bondage.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
"MLB gives the ***** Leagues 'major league' status, a move it says is aimed at 'correcting a longtime oversight in the game's history'
The seven ***** Leagues, which operated from 1920 to 1948 while the sport was segregated, had previously been excluded from the sport's official records even though some of their players had an indelible impact on the game and the leagues were operational for much longer than other associations granted "major league" status." The Washington Post

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #894
About time! The ***** Leagues were influential in creating the modern game. MLB at the times played more station to station...it wasn’t until they integrated that the active on base game was widely adopted.....which other than the skill of its players, was the hallmark of the ***** Leagues.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
About time! The ***** Leagues were influential in creating the modern game. MLB at the times played more station to station...it wasn’t until they integrated that the active on base game was widely adopted.....which other than the skill of its players, was the hallmark of the ***** Leagues.
:clap::clap::clap:

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Is baseball mentioned in the bible?
Yes!

In the "big inning"

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #897
Eve stole first, Adam stole second. Cain struck out Abel. The Giants and the Angels were rained out.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Eve stole first, Adam stole second. Cain struck out Abel. The Giants and the Angels were rained out.
:lmao::clap:

881 - 900 of 934 Posts