Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

The Andrew Carter thread

25K views 88 replies 40 participants last post by  rrowe3168 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
The Andrew Carter, Emad Raouf, John Howard, thread

Post everything here since Chealion said we're not suppose to post in the classifieds.

#78 ·
this is terrible so many people are getting ripped off by the SAME dude years after i first got shafted... RCMP RECOL was unhelpful.. nothing from them... i wonder why they cant find this guy.. could it be THAT difficult? or are they understaffed?

Anyhow.. i'm sorry for you all.. try your banks if you paid by visa.. cause you can void your payment by up to 30 days (i think) if you get scammed.. i believe its a VISA buyer's insurance.. all credit cards should have them..CHECK!!..thats how i got my money back

#79 ·
Another Victim

I found this thread too late. Emad Raouf took me for $700. I am a student and now have no computer and no money. I have taken all the measures I can to track this guy down but its beginning to feel hopeless. This is insane that this guy has not been busted yet. I feel like an idiot also for ever falling into his trap. Can anyone out there help me?

#81 ·
Same here, from Europe…

Hi there Canadians,

pretty much other people found this after having paid US$805 for a last revision 15" PowerBook, so two weeks later I didn't receive it and didn't hear from this guy besides some sort of 'I have been out of town…', this is my first post here since I find that deal on another well-know Mac board… my bank & lawyer told me there is nothing to do…

Wouldn't authorities that side of the pond do anything to catch this guy?, I guess his phone number wouldn't be still the same… but you never know…

#82 ·
If it's too good to be true...

#83 ·
I have advised the latest victim (2 posts above) about the RCMP online theft reporting agency:

https://www.recol.ca/intro.aspx?lang=en

and have been provided with many details about Emad Rouf / Andrew Carter, including banking information.

If this can be of assistance to anyone, please let me know, while the matter is pursued further.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.